3/14/2014

Focus of late

As I sit here, Josie is reading out loud to herself, telling me all about what is going on in her story. 

It's my favorite thing. She's very animated. 

Our lfb is eating breakfast and Audrey is playing with her stroller and baby (pig). It's a quiet morning. I'm so grateful for it. It doesn't seem very nice outside and I was worried that the day would start out on the wrong foot. Dodged that bullet...

Life has been so hum drum lately. I don't necessarily mean that in a negative way, since I've actually worked really hard to get to this point. We were so overwhelmed with life last Fall. It took a lot out of us. I spent almost all of this Winter reducing, reducing, reducing our commitments and expectations. I worked really hard on the kids' behaviors so that we could stand to be around each other. That's no joke, either. It's not as easy as you'd think to like being around each other all the time. It's my goal, though. I chose this life, and I want to enjoy it. 

I worked on my attitude. I'm still working on it. Truthfully, my attitude affects everyone else's tremendously. If I wake up grumpy, you can bet money on us all having a bad day. If I refuse to be brought down by one kid's bad attitude, eventually he or she cheers up and we are all smiley and happy. There's a lot of pressure in that, though. It's not in my nature to be happy all the time.

So my focus needs to shift a little bit. To continue in that path, I need to outwardly rely on Jesus. It's impossible for me to sustain a great mood forever, but guess what? Nothing is impossible for Him. Devotions with the kids, a daily "worship session" of music and dancing to our bible songs, reading children's bibles and stories, praying with them throughout the day. I've been lacking in this area lately and I am feeling so convicted. 


This life needs to be more than just getting through each day. I want my kids to know that too. Intentional living and living for Christ. Big goals, but doable goals.

(And as always, what's on my heart pours out when I least expect it.)

Reusing this picture, because I like it, and because my camera has been recently abandoned. 

2 comments:

  1. yup - our attitude can make or break many people's days, including our own but I am starting to see the power of good leadership and what it really entails. . can't wait to listen to Josie read aloud:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EmilyBabiak3/22/2014

    I like this -- I needed the reminder as well. Its so much easier to just be grumpy but in the long run makes everything more difficult.

    ReplyDelete