3/28/2014

Clean it up, the house and the 'tude

In an effort to get myself out of the funk I've been in lately, I kicked myself in the pants and got to work around the house. Laundry going, dishwasher going, coffee maker going (well, that was more of a bonus than "work"), I search around for a good Spring Cleaning Checklist and printed it off.

Then, I proceeded to get busy with other things that weren't on that checklist. Still being productive projects, I'm not going to beat myself up about it, but ohmygoodness my attention span is so low.

What did I do, you ask? Well, I painted the last corner in the living room/entryway. That's big, y'all. My hubby is a perfectionist when it comes to everything painting, so he typically doesn't let me do it (poor me, right?) but lately, he's been so swamped in work/home projects that painting has been pushed out of sight on his to do list. 

Not on mine though... :)

So that's done! Not as good as if he had done it, but good enough.

Also, I took apart and cleaned our disgusting vacuum. Ever since he helped clean up some of our old dog's messes, it smells like...dog mess. 

It's not pretty. I so hope what I did to clean it helped, because as I was taking it apart, I noticed that it has a few features that I never even knew about that would be really really nice to use. This project took over an hour. Have I mentioned how badly I hope doing this helped?

With that wall painted and the vacuum (hopefully) ready for business, I'm hoping to tackle that huge long cleaning checklist and pray that the busyness keeps me from being too gloomy. 

Snap out of it, self! <--- a="" br="" day.="" hasn="" helped="" i="" it="" much="" multiple="" myself="" nbsp="" t="" tell="" times="" what="" yet...="">

3 comments:

  1. I just moved so I'm cleaning a bunch too and there's a YouTube channel called Clean My Space and I love her videos and after watching them, I get motivated. She also has printables on her blog but I haven't looked at them yet. Just thought I'd share in case u need some motivation...I know I do!! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha Ingalls4/08/2014

    I just finished up my spring cleaning as of last friday took me over a week, but it's done. Now i only have the daily/weekly cleaning and the last big clean before my inlaws come for Easter dinner. I love spring cleaning it helps me cleanse my life get rid of the old and bring in the new.....it also helps prepare for allergy season which is starting to hit me already... Happy Spring Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha Ingalls4/09/2014

    My mother in law came over to pick up our son and the house was a disaster so after that I couldn't put it off any longer haha

    ReplyDelete