2/17/2014

Little old update

Let's do this bullet point style.


  • Today we played outside and it was completely refreshing. The kids could have played for hours (well, the bigger two) but we had to eat lunch and get moving towards the next thing on our agenda. I am praying we'll have time for some longer playing times outside this week because it is GOOD for our souls. And attitudes. It really helps with attitudes.
  • Speaking of attitudes, we are fighting one with miss Josie Grace. Whew that girl has sass! Where does she get that from? I've never thought of myself as a sassy person but I imagine she's modeling it after somebody in her life. She's been back talking a little more and more lately so we have had to really tighten the rope on her freedoms and what she can get away with. Suffice to say that mama and daddy are tired of it all. Gotta love the toddler years...
  • Potty training is still chugging right along. My newest trick up my sleeve is the (ever so unoriginal) poop chart. I say "poop" because that's the focus right now so we aren't wasting time on anything else. If she goes, she gets a sticker. If she gets enough stickers, she gets a toy she picks out herself. We had a halfway success today that earned her a sticker so I pray that she likes this little game and we get somewhere because I am soooo sick of potty training. 3/4 of a year is too long! Here's hoping Audrey just gets it right away. She should, since it probably won't happen til she's five.
  • I ordered a wedding album (5 years later) and family albums for 2011, 2012, and 2013 this week. I cannot wait to see them! It's about time I got somewhat organized and printed proof of our existence over the past few years. If it wasn't for this little blog, we'd have nothing to show for it. Well, not anymore, my friends, not anymore. 
  • I also ordered pillow covers and a new rug for our living room. I'm trying ever so hard to get that room to come together into something with a bit more purpose but we don't have room in the budget (has, as if I am disciplined enough to follow one of those) for more expensive upgrades (looking at you, new chairs and loveseat). I am hoping that the pops of color (with a theme, a theme, people!) will help. Maybe I'll do a "living room" reveal post after that? We'll see how finished the room feels. 
Hope your Monday is happy happy happy (said like Phil from Duck Dynasty of course).

1 comment:

  1. had to laugh at the plan to train AJ at five! Can't wait to see your album, must bring them next time we're together. You're so fortunate that your homey is comfy, cozy & classy just as it is. Nevertheless, it will be fun to get the new colors in it.

    ReplyDelete