10/28/2013

The Weekend with some dramatics

 I'm sitting on the couch right now feeling sorry for myself because I threw out my back (first time I've ever done that!) yesterday and am having a difficult time doing basic motions like bending over, carrying heavy things, standing, walking, and sitting. Remember my job? Staying at home with my 20 lb baby and 30 lb toddler that have toys everywhere and need to be picked up and carried? It's a great day over here.

My hubby is being wonderful. He came home for no other reason (that I could see, because hello, it's all about me right now) but to check in on me and help me with a few more tasks like getting the baby down for her nap, changing her diaper, getting me a few things so I wouldn't have to get up, etc. Of course, the minute the door shut behind him I had to get up and do like 10394 things but it was nice that he tried to help. 

I will be going to the chiropractor this afternoon. I know it will be painful to have him adjust me, but the pain will be worth it. I just have a feeling.

So, with coffee cup in hand, I give you pictures from this weekend. We went to a family gathering for my dad's family since my grandpa and his lady wife go to Arizona for the winter and won't be here for the holidays. We thankfully got to stay with the host and hostess (my cousin and his wife) so we didn't even have to drive around or leave their house all weekend! It was fabulous. They are so fun to stay with. They have two boys just a little older than our girls and now they are about the right age to play together. Audrey tries to keep up, but she's just a little too small. Regardless, it was a good time seeing almost the whole family. 30+ people gets a bit chaotic but we're all used to it.

Oh, did I mention that both girls woke up on Saturday morning with an intense cold? Yes, just when we were about to be around all of those people, my girls got sick. So to any of my family that reads this, I'm sorry that you caught our terrible cold. Picture me holding my head down in shame with a look of sympathy peeking out. It's no fun.

We skipped church so as not to infect all of our church friends, and then I threw out my back. Hubby was productive outside and I did great working on projects and meal making until the incident (as I will refer to it, because it seems like a huge event in my life as of now. Ask me again tomorrow). 

Enough with the dramatics. Here are the pictures.

Here's my grandpa with Audrey. I really should have tried to get a better picture of him and his wife, Carla. He took a family photo of our family (my mom, dad, sister, hubby, the girls, and me) but I don't know if we'll get to see that picture any time soon. 



She doesn't look sick, but I assure you, there was snot everywhere. 



Neither of them smoke. What's going on here?



Right next to our cousin's place is this park. I mean, it's like their back yard. How awesome is that?





1 comment:

  1. love these pix - so sorry about the back

    ReplyDelete