5/08/2013

Success, sickness, sister (the three s's?)

Excuse the bad quality phone pictures in this post, but I want to share things with you now and not take the time to make the pictures pretty.

Look at this food. No, look at it. I followed this recipe for the most part, but instead of putting it on rice, I put it in a pita. It was amazing. 


Guys, I've lost 8.2 lbs. !!! Isn't that awesome? It's only been a week, but my body has clearly been craving some healthy eating and exercise because I have not been feeling hungry (which is usually why I quit trying after just a day or two) and have been eager to stay on track every minute of the day. It's motivating to already be this far in, to already be noticing little changes in the way my clothes fit. What a good start to this journey.

Ok, enough of that, onto the girls and their updates.
-------------------------------------------------

I allowed myself to be hopeful that we were done with being sick in this house, and then Josie developed a low fever. Today has been a low key day, and I'm feeling guilty about it. I want to be outside having fun in the nice weather, but she doesn't feel good and I'm feeling lazy (must be sympathy pains). We did go for a walk earlier, but it wasn't long and we need more exercise. I'll have to bring them to a park or something later. We've been doing that a lot.

They have been playing together more and more. They both just light up when they get to interact, smile, and "talk." 

Such a ham.

Last Saturday, I took the girls to Grand Forks to see my sister and go to the city garage sale. It was overwhelming but I did get a few things for the girls to wear this summer and next winter. After we were done with the stress of mass garage saling, we got some food and just sat. It felt good. Josie had both milk and water and played with them like they were friends. It was so cute. She was moving them back and forth and using silly voices to speak for them. We cracked up numerous times but she was too busy playing to notice.




This plate of food sat untouched while she worked extra hard on coloring her picture.



On one of our many walks, just a little too chilly to be bare headed.
 Like I said earlier, the park is our new best friend. I wrap Audrey in the moby wrap so I can walk around while Josie plays as hard as she can. She loves it. We haven't had anybody join us but there is plenty of time for that this summer. For now, just being outside has been glorious.






Look at this girl. I can't even.

And I painted her nails. She's so grown up now, don't you think? 

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth Blatchford5/10/2013

    love the sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete