1/16/2012

Challenge

I'm doing a weight loss challenge starting last Friday through March 16th. I cannot tell you how poorly I have been doing since the Christmas season. I just couldn't get back into the swing of things, and knew I needed something that involved competition and motivation to get back on track.

Why am I writing about this? Because I want to brag for a moment about how awesome I am. Well, more like how awesome I was today. I had an orange, a fruit smoothie, and a cookie at work. Then we went to the Lucky 13 Pub, which sounds like a huge opportunity to fail. I didn't fail. I split my turkey burger in half and boxed up half of my sweet potato fries. This may or may not have been the healthiest thing on the menu. Now if I was truly proud of it, I would put it into my Weight Watchers calculator, but I am a little to lazy scared to see what the results are. Instead I will just take a moment to enjoy the fact that I didn't inhale the whole meal and feel sick afterwards.

It's the little things.

I need to start running again. Need to. I have this crazy goal in mind to run a 10K in May, but I can't really wait for it to be nice outside to start the real training because that will give me like one week to prepare. I just have to suck it up and do the training on the treadmill or outside. Either option sounds miserable, but I know myself and know that I am taking the easy way out when I spend the time at the gym on the elliptical or bike instead of running. I have proved that to myself in the past - that running is the most challenging form of exercise and does the most for my body.

I am this close to getting my wedding ring back on. this clooooose.. That would absolutely delight me. Maybe by the end of this challenge, that will be a nice little side effect of success.

Seriously, the little things.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/17/2012

    I am curious where this weight loss challenge is registered, but for such a competitive person, this is perfect for you. At least you've lost a little, rather than gained so you're on the right track. Good luck this week.
    love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I did the "Couch to 5k" program when I started out running (cuz I was soooo not a long distance runner) and then extended it to a 10k program. You should try for it! I ran the 10k last year and walked a million times but the support was so amazing! If you need a running partner, let me know. :) I promise, I'm not fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should really do a program to just keep me accountable. Good idea! I think I could do more than the first week of the couch to 5k program, but then again maybe starting so slow will make it less overwhelming!

    I cannot wait to run outside again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I started out doing the first week, but found that I could easily skip over a few of the workouts because they were too easy for me and I felt like pushing myself. I tweaked it quite a bit to fit my needs, so I'm sure you could do the same! :) Good luck when you start!

    ReplyDelete