2/08/2013

Catch Up

A little catch up post if you will...

I impulsively joined the gym again this week. If I go 12 times a month, it is free, so I have that motivating me. I also want to run in the Fargo Marathon. We all know that I will not be able to do the full or even the half, but I'd love to do a 10k or 5k. We'll see as it gets a little closer. I can run great outside but treadmill running does nothing for me. I usually quit way too early for it to be effective. I'm giving it another go though, so maybe I'll be in shape enough by the time the weather is nice for me to run outside for longer distances. Whew, hope you understood that.

I am also doing the stair stepper and elliptical machine on a regular basis. Hopefully mixing it up will keep me motivated! When all else fails, I will probably end up going to classes again because having someone yelling at you is a lot more motivating than staring at a wall.


We're starting to get just a wee bit of cabin fever now that it's been a solid two months of "inside only" days. We try to leave the house every day, but that only helps a little. Today, we're going to the library to run around quietly read books in a different environment. Anything's better than sitting in our tiny living room all day every day.


You like the random pictures in between each change in direction? Just trying to keep your attention. :)


I really thought I had more to say than this, but I guess not... 

Last weekend we went to my parents' lake and got to play outside even though it was ridiculously cold. It was fun to just be out of the house!

I assure you that she was dressed much warmer than this when we actually played outside.


We also went to celebrate my grandpa's 85th birthday with some of the family. They living in an assisted living/nursing home so we used the sitting area that was on their floor to have enough space for all of us. It was fun to see everyone, and Josie ran around entertaining everyone. 


Sitting on the floor while we eat... easier to keep her attention this way
Hubby and my uncle 

The birthday boy and his bride with their  second great grand daughter . They have four great grand kids. Pretty sweet!



Last week, I went to a funeral to support a friend of mine (so hard, but so thankful I could go). My dad jumped at the chance to take Josie to work with him. He is a teacher at the Tech College, and apparently whatever he was teaching left room for a 1 1/2 year old to take up most of his time. He had a ton of good pictures and it looks like they had a lot of fun. I took Audrey with me, and she was a little angel, sleeping through the service and being happy and even a bit smiley when my friend got to hold her.

She is so tiny in this room! Can you even find her? Also - notice how they are watching "Bambi" - the students loved it I'm sure!

Excellent student, a bit mature for her age

She loved it! Proof!

Bappa and Josie have become quite the pals these days

(I like how the spelling of my dad's name from his grand kids is always different. Bappa, Papa, Bapa, Boppa, Poppa... someday we'll settle on one.)

Also - Josie is currently singing "trouble trouble trouble" from the Taylor Swift Song "I knew you were trouble". Be still my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Jenifer Fontenot2/09/2013

    Wow that is a great incentive to go to the gym! I bet it would be interesting to see how many people end up having to pay.

    Fun family time!!

    ReplyDelete