1/22/2013

Too soon? Fluke? Dear God I Hope So

I spoke just yesterday about how we have got the toddler bed sleeping down. I spoke too soon. Even as I was typing it I knew that it could have been too soon, but I was pumped, excited, overjoyed. Now? I'm tired, cranky, and cold (coincidence, but I'm still feeling it. It IS -29 degrees here after all). 

Josie went to bed at 8:00, her usual bed time, last night with the same old routine she does with her daddy. She fell asleep around 11:30. I'll do the math for you since it was painfully obvious to me how long it was taking last night. That's three and a half hours of us sitting by her bed, standing by the door, telling her that she can't get out of bed, putting her back in bed, flipping her over from tummy to back, trying not to yell, taking parent timeouts so we didn't lose our minds, switching off so we didn't lose our minds, sitting in the chair, changing her diaper, switching blankets. Do you get how our night was? The best part is that through all of this, she was laughing, talking, almost falling asleep, smiling. Hardly a tear was shed. It was just thatkindofnight.

Today, I sit with my coffee with sweet Audrey laying next to me. It's a bit cold in here, so the coffee in my hands feels good. I am enjoying the quiet as my oldest daughter takes her nap at 9:00 in the morning. It was needed. She didn't even argue. 

Love that girl.

Don't let Audrey's sweet demeanor fool you though. Last night at around 5:30, she decided that nothing I had to offer was good enough and proceeded to pull me through the wringer for a solid hour and a half. Let's just chalk up yesterday and last night as the day we'll look back on and sigh while thinking, "so glad that's not us anymore." We have plenty of good, awesome, fantastic days, so I'm not going to complain about life in general. It's still great. But last night? I'm glad that's not the norm.





Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

3 comments:

  1. Unbelievable how they both exploded (or is it imploded) on the same night - you better be napping today, too!  Can't imagine what caused it, they got out for the dr. appt so it wasn't that they were housebound for too long?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenak241/22/2013

    I've been there, it can be so frustrating trying to develop good sleeping habits!  Hang in there and drink plenty of coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenak241/22/2013

    You are so right about blogger comment section!!  I think if you click subscribe by e-mail all follow up comments will be sent to your e-mail. Not 100% sure though!

    ReplyDelete