1/14/2013

Today

Today has been productive. I'm proud of that. Often times, Monday mornings are slow starting and drift into afternoons without me even realizing that half the day is gone. I had a jump start this morning because I had to clean up a dog mess (really, the third one in three days) and the cleaning bug hit me HARD as I finished that dreadful task.

I cleaned out my fridge (food content AND germ content), cleaned up all of the dishes/sink area/counters, hard boiled a dozen eggs, cooked a chicken for lunch meat and dinner later this week, tidied up the upstairs, and got lunch on the table all within a couple of hours.

PLUS I got a few more piano students set up to start! I will have four new students total this semester and I only lost one last from last semester, so things have improved for my little music studio quite a bit. I'm so pleased with how it's going! I give lessons on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in the afternoons from 3-5:30 and it's just perfect for me. I get that little bit of "grown up" time even though the lessons are mostly with kids, but I still get plenty of time with my own kids throughout the week. The extra income helps too of course.

My favorite thing of the day? I found a great little table and chairs for the girls on craigslist and picked it up today for only $20! It's tiny and has a crayon scribbles, but it isn't finished so we could always finish it with stain of our choice if we don't like that. I'm fine with it though. Let's be real - it would have gotten scuffs and crayon markings from our girls in no time at all! It looks loved. :)



Oh and did I mention that I got a new phone? Yep, the old 'dumb phone'  started showing signs of imminent death and I freaked out thinking that I would be without a phone all of a sudden so off we went the good old phone store. (You may laugh but I was trying to sell something via craigslist and that was how we were communicating. I couldn't miss out on that sale because my phone wasn't working!) I got the Windows 8x Phone and I'm loving it so far. The one downfall is that a lot of the apps I planned on getting are not available yet. Maybe that's a good thing - I won't get bogged down using my phone all the time. Just finding the bright side... the rest of the phone is awesome though.  

Girls are sleeping - better be productive!



Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

1 comment:

  1. love the little table - and so will the girls!  wish I had accomplished that much this morning!  Congrats on the expanding studio, and so soon in the beginning of your business!  What a way to start a week.

    ReplyDelete