1/10/2013

My enemy: the nap, and other things

It's been a battle lately to get solid naps in around here. Josie is still at that stage of bouncing between one nap or two. She shows definite signs of exhaustion and then fights it like she's being sent to her death. I'm not going to lie to you, it's wearing on me. I have started to dread nap time because I just never know what I am going to get. Sometimes, she fusses for just a minute and then is out. Other times, she'll scream so loud, my vocal chords ache. You know the cry when you don't hear any sound for too long and just know it's going to get uglier than ever imagined? Yeah that one. She spends more time screaming and fighting me than just napping and coming back out to play. Half of our day seems to be wasted with nap fights.

Ugh. I need a new topic. I am sick of thinking about naps.

I'm slowly preparing myself to follow the Paleo lifestyle. I've been wanting to do it and have been reading about it for about a year now, and I am dabbling in it right now. I just haven't made the leap to full on Paleo. I did  make a two week meal plan and will get the grocery list ready for going this weekend... here's to starting next week! Not 100%, but maybe 80/20. Ease into it. That's doable.

I need to need to get up before the girls. I need to just get up and out of bed when my alarm goes off. Unfortunately I just can't seem to do it. Maybe tomorrow?

It's supposed to blizzard here and be ridiculously cold. I'm not too concerned (other than when will I Paleo grocery shop?) since we stick around all day. I do have to go to the bank tomorrow but we can squeeze that in before lunch. No problemo, right? Then we'll just hunker down. Watch movies... enjoy each other. Ha.

I do just have to say that when Jo's not prepping for a nap, she's awesome. Like we laugh so hard we both fall down, we dance all the time, and we play all day. She's a hoot, too. Says the funniest things. Love that girl.

I've been a baby wearing machine the last couple of days and I'm not even mad about it. She loves being nice and close and frankly me too. I love that girl too. They just rock.

Well look at me ending this on a good note!

Goodnight.



Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

2 comments:

  1. although it can be trying, I am still so thankful that you can spend the time with the girls. . ..wish I had an answer for the naps, tough call.  Good luck on paleo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/11/2013

    What is the world is paleo?? You should talk about it more :) I love learning how families do things differently than me!
    JenK

    ReplyDelete