4/23/2012

Day Dreams of the Moment


The anticipation that comes with the last two weeks before I'm done working is keeping my mind active, to say the least. I spend a large chunk of my day thinking about what we will do with our time together, mother and daughter, while the sun is shining, rain is poring, snow is falling. There are so many different times of year that will create obstacles, perfect afternoons, challenging circumstances, moments we'll always remember.

Mostly, I find myself dreaming about the next couple of months. With beautiful summer weather, the possibilities seem endless. We will have so many things to fill our time! I picture us swimming, splashing in water when it is too hot to do anything else, learning how to play at the park, chasing my little baby toddler around while she figures out how to walk with confidence, run, recover from falling, and so much more. I see us having delicious cold treats and moments with us just enjoying the weather. Parks will be explored, pools will be visited. Won't it be wonderful? I know there will be moments when she is overwhelmed or too exhausted. I know we'll have off days, but these dreams are keeping me going these last two weeks of work.

Then my mind settles for a brief moment on the more distant future of those dreaded winter months locked in the house, just her and me. That is overwhelming to me. I cannot imagine what I will do to keep her entertained, stimulated, learning. I know that we will get a routine and that she won't know anything different. I only let my mind sit on that scary image for small pockets of time. There is no need to get freaked out! So many things change and happen. Who knows what I will find for us or what she will like to do.

I want to bake bread. I want to read to her consistently. I want to listen to music and keep her little body dancing. I want to go on bike rides and walks and get to know the nearby park like the back of our hands. It's going to be a great summer.




Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

3 comments:

  1. Cassie4/24/2012

    i love reading all your summer dreams - makes me excited to do the same things with mr. brody!  we played outside this afternoon and it was so freeing to be out of the house!  i'm with you on the winter thing though - maybe pinterest has some ideas;)...then again, pinterest sometimes makes me feel like i'm not doing enough...if you have any successful ideas, throw them my way;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't you feel like there is so much more room for them to explore without us having to interfere and ruin the fun?

    Yes we'll definitely have to use the GOOD part of Pinterest to motivate us and not make us feel completely inadequate. ;)

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily Babiak4/25/2012

    I love that will be able to stay at home very soon! Josie will be so blessed! Enjoy your dance parties! (p.s. thanks for your prayers, everyday is a little better!)

    ReplyDelete