1/02/2012

Resolution(s)

Everywhere I read, hear, and look, I am seeing that people are acting like the whole resolution thing is out of style. I'm doing it. Call me a rebel! My plan of action is to be more specific and to set smaller goals. I also plan to throw some random pictures in to keep you interested. I'm so good to you (don't you forget it).

1. Work out 3x a week. I would love to do more than this, like 4-5x, but like previously mentioned, I want it to be a realistic goal. Something I can maintain and make a habit throughout the entire year.


2. Read my bible at least 3x a week. Again, I am perfectly aware that I should be reading it more, but since Josie has joined our world I have had a ridiculously hard time making a routine of it and fitting it in around her. I know it needs to come first, but that is so hard to remember when I think about how fast time is going and how quickly she is growing up. A lot of the time I just want to enjoy her to the fullest, but I can't just forget about the most important priority in my entire life. Needs to happen.


Side note. Check out those kicks! A size or two too big but completely adorable. She wins the award of cutest 6 month old in our house. 

Ok back to the resolutions.


3. Less nagging, more laughing with the hubby. No more explanation needed.


Josie looooves dogs. I'm so afraid of the day when she pushes it and the dog freaks out on her. But can you resist her loving up on dogs and cousin Heath? Are you gagging with my sweet talk of this little girl? I wouldn't blame you. Warning: It's not going to stop.


4. Take more pictures of us with Josie instead of the stand alones that dominate our current collection. She's going to think that she was all alone as a child when she looks back. On that note, print more pictures. Or some in general. I haven't printed more than 10 pictures since she was born, and there are frames just waiting to be filled with those baby blues. 

Totally attainable. 

I put a little reminder on the side of my blog with a list of these here resolutions. Talk about accountability; now I will see it and feel the awful guilt when I think about the fact that I let one of them go this week, or haven't been keeping up or (gasp!) haven't even started one. Maybe there will be progress reports?

Happy New Years!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/03/2012

    Good idea about the attainable resolutions, and yes you should be printing pix of those baby blues. Burst out laughing at the "kicks", were they a Christmas present? Kopke is so like you, Grandma and Grandpa always talk about how you loved dogs as a little girl.
    love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete