I was tagged by Lyndsey for the 11 Random Things survey. Since I haven't done many of these, I'm willing to give it a shot! I haven't told you all of my secrets yet anyways.
Random Facts about me:
1. I've always wanted to be someone that can wear hats that look in style and not just like a bad hair day cover up. I've purchased a few "stylish" hats throughout the years but have never really worn them for fear of looking ridiculous.
2. When I wear my hair down, I almost never put it up or wear a hat (part of my problem in #1) because I am afraid of the ponytail line that so easily appears. What is the big deal of putting it up and then leaving it up? But I still won't do it.
3. I constantly shop for shoes to wear on weekends and evenings with jeans since most of my shoe closet consists of sandals or work shoes. When I do buy some, I end up leaving them in my closet because they just don't look right. The search continues for the perfect pair...
4. I've seen a few of you fellow bloggers talking about homeschooling so I'm copying you on this one. I kind of dream about homeschooling my kids but am also terrified of being awful at it. My hubby is not on board anyways so maybe that is a good thing and is keeping me in check. If only it was actually a huge money saver instead of costing more, then maybe I could justify it.
5. I made a To Do list for my hubby on my Cozi app. He hasn't seen it and that is probably good (although he does have access to it) and it is just a list of all the projects I want
6. I could eat Jimmy John's/Erberts and Gerberts/Subway every. single. day.
7. I added a little note on the top, right side of my blog to explain the "deyle" in my blog name "msdeyle" since I'm pretty sure nobody knows what it means. Were you thinking Ms Deyle? Because I like that but it wasn't my intent! Originally it meant Mike and Sarah Deyle but shortened to M S Deyle. Deyle is our last name, and it is rhymes with smiley, if that helps.
8. Mike (hubby) hates when I tell people it rhymes with smiley. He doesn't want people to call him smiley deyle, so he would never explain it that way. Once I discovered it though, there was no turning back!
9. He also hates when I leave the bathroom fan on. While this may seem like a random fact about him, it really is more about how ridiculous it is that I cannot remember to turn this off. It's semi silent so I tune it out, and he can hear it downstairs better for whatever reason. You are welcome, earth, for heating you one bathroom fan at a time!
10. I signed up for a 10K on May 19th and am experiencing the giddy "can't wait but super nervous" feeling you get when you buy something impulsively. It wasn't really an impulsive thing to sign up since I'd been thinking about it forever, but I didn't truly have my mind made up until I went and pushed "confirm payment". Now I'm stuck with it since there is no refund! Help!
11. I hate checking the mailbox. No matter what the weather is like, I hate walking down to check it knowing that it just has bills or advertisements. Once in a while it will have a fun card or note, but those are few and far between. I'd completely stop checking it if we didn't get the Netflix movies.
1. What is your favorite thing to search for on Pinterest? (Assuming you use Pinterest. Which you should if you don't.)
Anything related to organization. I have been through so many boards on there that I have almost covered everything and now have to actually search the web for ideas instead of relying on other pins.
2. Have you ever been outside of the country you currently live in? Where?
I've been to Mexico 3 times (2 for mission trips and one for our honeymoon), Romania for a mission trip, and Eastern Europe for a choir tour (did that just alert you to my nerdiness? It's true, choir was my life for a couple of years.!)
3. If you could speak a second language fluently, what would it be?
German is so very fun to say/sing! I took a diction class that teaches you how to read and pronounce foreign languages even when you don't know what you are saying (for singing songs in other languages) and German was my favorite. So fun to "yell" at everyone without being mad.
4. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
Dog person 100%. No offense to you out there that love cats, but they creep me out a bit. I've had too many experiences with them where they attack or hiss at me when I walk by. Plus who can resist our pup Buckley?
5. What type of house is your favorite? (colonial, ranch, tudor, etc.)
I love old Victorian homes. I would just absolutely love to move into a huge 2 or 3 story house that neeeds some work and fix it up with all of our personalizations. I dream about it sometimes.
6. What is your dream car?
I am so not a car person... I honestly don't give it much thought. Maybe a fancier SUV than the trusty old Trailblazer I currently drive?
7. If you were vacationing 10 hours away - would you drive or fly? (and not because of money)
Fly. I love the environment of airports (minus the crabby workers and weird new regulations). The hustle and bustle gets me so excited and I love hearing/eavesdropping to find out where others are going and why. It's just so fun to get out of your bubble and experience new places and everyone at an airport is doing just that.
8. Would you relive high school if you could? What would you do differently?
Nope! High school was a time of past and can stay that way. I did fine in school, had my friends, and learned a lot, but I had so many insecurities and didn't know who I really was. I love being an adult hands down.
9. If your significant other had an accent - what would it be?
Ooh this is a tough one. I love pretty much all accents but I would have to go with British. I do like Scottish and Irish accents but they are harder to understand. Everything just sounds better with a British accent.
10. Would you rather not shower for a week or not brush your teeth for a week? Ew! :)
Yeah this question is gross... But I can pull this one from a real life situation! When we were in Romania, we were living in tents and not able to shower for 5-7days. We did however get to brush our teeth everyday. Thank God for that because I hate the feeling of dirty teeth! I can always just put on deodorant and a bandana over the greasy hair without a shower. :)
11. Would you rather have all boys or all girls?
I used to think all boys but now that I have a girl, I think I could handle it. I can't imagine my life without her, so I can't say all boys now.
My questions for you lucky ducks:
1. What is your favorite store to shop in for yourself?
2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
3. Do you prefer fruits or veggies?
4. What is your biggest pet peave?
5. What is one thing you will only do when you are home alone?
6. Where is your dream vacation?
7. Who makes you laugh the hardest and why?
8. What is your favorite tv show?
9. If you could just be magically great at one hobby, what would it be?
10. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
11. What is your first memory?
Answer these questions, list 11 random things about yourself, and tag 11 others!
Do it or don't, but it is fun to see what everyone comes up with. :)