9/25/2011

Camp wedding

I went to a wedding this weekend of a good friend of mine's (remember this Bachelorette party? Yep, hers) and we had a wonderful time (met all expectations, can't ask for more).

Here's the group we started out with at the wedding.

I would definitely love to have these. So elegant and sparkley. This was at the "guestbook" table. I say "guestbook" in quotes because it was not your typical guestbook.

What a great idea! A book with pictures of them and fun colored markers to write your congrats all over it. Definitely more fun to look at then a boring old traditional guestbook. (Thank you Jerri for being my personal hand model)

As we walked in hearing the lovely piano and violin combo, I realized I knew the piano player! It is a friend of mine's mom, who I didn't even know could play piano. I like pleasant surprises, and they sounded wonderful. Very professional and elegant (get used to that word, the whole wedding was beautiful and "elegant" describes it best).

The reception was at the Plain's Art Museum, a place I've never been, and I was impressed with the entire atmosphere (dare I say it? yep. elegant). These two seemed happy to be reunited. 

Aren't they fancy with their sparkling cider? Food was top notch with numerous courses and vegetarian options (I tried it, and it was good! I'll have to make it myself. Some kind of spicy mushroom quinoa which I've never made before)

Here's Leah from http://leah-thisismysong.blogspot.com/. First time meeting Josie and I think they're friends.

Beautiful flowers (why do I love centerpieces so much?) with Steph posing nicely in the background.

Here we are, the old married couple with the kid and 2 years under our belt!

Another "old" couple. They got married 2 months and 2 days before us. Wish they still lived in town because we hardly ever get to see them anymore. :(

One complaint about the Plain's Art Museum. The bathrooms were only one stall so there was a constant line. Once we made it into the bathroom, there wasn't a changing table so classy as we Deyle's are, Josie got herself all situated right on the floor. She didn't cry, so I'd rate it a success. 

There they are! First dance, which must have been rehearsed because they were too good. They didn't just sway back and forth. There was more, and we were impressed.


 See what I'm saying? No flaws, just perfection.

Bride and Groom don't like cake all that much, so they opted for Coldstone Creamery to cater. Great idea! It was so good although hard to enjoy when all we wanted to do was dance... :)


 I feel like Mike really looks like James McAvoy (which I always thought was pronounced Mc Avoy but is really Mac ah voy... lame) agree or disagree?
James McAvoy Image

 Fancy new dress for the fancy little lady... she was so well behaved it was ridiculous. No crying, lots of staring at the dancers and flashing lights, and lots of laughing and smiling at anyone and everyone. 

When the bouquet tossing was about to happen, these three ran out and stood there (alone) ready in anticipation for like 5 minutes.


 Worth it though! Steph caught the bouquet without having to hurt anyone, so we'll see if the saying stands true.

 Real flowers in a bouquet means beautiful, but also means petals everywhere after flying through the air.

Typical shot of me, eating ice cream... :) It's so goood though. So good.

Leah and super photogenic bride 

Me and super photogenic bride

I was going for a shot of the bride hugging her new father-in-law but got this even better shot of the groom posing randomly in the background. Nice work, Tony.

Emily (all the way from Virginia!) and the (super photogenic, can't you tell in every. single. picture?) bride

"Next bride" (remember the bouquet toss?) Steph claimed Josie making her the self proclaimed babysitter of the night 

Mom. I'm tired but I can't stop watching. So. many. lights!

Such a good sport for someone not feeling very well. I got him this delicious Sprite Zero to make his tummy feel better, but I don't think it worked.

He still put on a happy (mid yawning) face and even danced with me on all of the slow songs and a few of the faster country songs. Best part of the night!



Here we are (the ladies, anyway minus Josie who was sleeping by this point)!


Congratulations, Tony and Chelsie!! Beautiful wedding and we're so excited to watch God work through you guys. We can't wait to see you help each other grow and truly start your lives together.

No comments:

Post a Comment