8/18/2011

So much to learn

I had my first of 2 dental appointments to fix up my cavities. Apparently I've lost the ability to keep my teeth clean. I had my teeth checked out last November, but because I was pregnant I couldn't get Xrays of my back teeth. They fixed 3 cavities in the middle and front but I had to wait until after I wasn't pregnant to check the back.

So they checked them this time and lets just say it wasn't great. My dentist said that they were all super small, but I never have cavities so any at all feels like a failure. He mentioned that  I should reduce the amount of sugar throughout the day or between meals like sipping pop all day. I didn't mention that I don't drink sugar pop. Ever. So who knows how I am getting these cavities.

Things I learned:

  • My hygenist is super sweet and was rubbing my arm as the dentist was doing the shots to numb my mouth. How motherly is that?
  • Don't panic when you feel a gaping hole in your tooth. They fill that sucker right up back to how it felt before.
  • Having a TV with HGTV on can really distract a person and help pass the time. LOVE IT since I don't have that channel at home and it is my absolute favorite.
THEN. I called my doctor to ask about breast feeding and birth control pills. Stop reading now if this makes you uncomfortable.

My milk production has dropped significantly since I started taking birth control again about a week and a half ago (now that we know I'm...fertile... there is no way I am not using something to slow down the family growth rate!) I waited that long (6 weeks) to start taking it because my doctor had told me that sometimes birth control can do this (slow it down or stop production) and 6 weeks is the recommended time that it is good to breast feed a baby. So since that did indeed happen to me, I did some research and noticed that a lot of people talk about supplements and vitamins you can take that are supposed to help.

My doctor informed me today that the birth control I am taking is known for this and I should completely stop taking it. OK... that's great but I don't want another baby in 9 months so what in the world?? She said that I should stop, get my production back up, and then she'd prescribe me a different kind that doesn't have whatever it is that does this. Nice and confusing. :)

It was nice to hear though that it wasn't just my body being ridiculous and that I will be able to get it back up again. I am not ready to be done with this!! She's been so healthy and I know it is so good for her. And lets be real - It really helps with the weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment