8/25/2011

Big scary green monster

I have become addicted to the wonder that is the green monster. I've heard of it many many many times before, but was always completely terrified to try it out. My curiosity won in the end and I found myself at http://greenmonstermovement.com/ where there are hundreds of recipes to make different varieties. So what is a green monster?

Basically it is just a blended combination of lettuce or spinach with other fruits, veggies, milk, yogurt, peanut butter, or whatever else you think should be in it. I cannot believe how good it is (at least the variety I made).

Mine had spinach, kale, half an apple, banana, peanut butter, milk, and ice. SOOO GOOOOOD. It tasted like an apple dipped in peanut butter but I got dairy, fruit, veggies, and protein all in one drink. It fills me up and is sweet enough to almost taste like I had a dessert.



We'll see how long my love of this will last. I'll have to try other variations to keep it interesting. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment