7/19/2011

Better day

Yesterday was a rough day. Josie got to cry for 10 minutes straight while I was stuck pumping. I think this just ticked her off, because she fussed all morning, napped all afternoon, and fussed all evening. Thank God she sleep so well at night because I was exhausted. Funny how she shows me who is in charge. I had plans to work out a little, shower, go to Target. I didn't get any of that done and not showering after a couple of days is just gross.

Thankfully, today has been 100% better! She is happy, I'm happy, and we are on the same page once again. I've showered and shaved, blow dried my hair, ate breakfast, and spent an hour and a half at Target with a sleeping baby. I love that she sleeps in such long stretches! Its so much easier to get things done.

Now she's just hanging out staring at things. Week three email updates are telling me that she is more awake and making cooing sounds. Check and check! Its so cute... and easier than a screaming baby ;)

I think she's ah-liking the camera...

Look, Mom, get me at my best angle

Best smile we got at this point!

    
I will stare at you as long as it takes. But seriously, hurry up.
Oh, and I cannot forget to mention her new favorite thing! That pacifier, well any pacifier, is the best thing that has come her way. It makes her so happy... especially in the "awake but not hungry" parts of the day. From what I've discovered from my intense 10 minutes of researching just now, it isn't bad to let the baby suck on a pacifier before he/she falls asleep as long as you aren't forcing it back in the mouth once it falls out. In fact, it lowers the risk of SIDS! Who would have thought? And thank God for this because she just loves it and it helps keep her calm. I was just afraid that she would get too attached. We'll see!

And see that lovely thing attached? I got that at the Fargo street fair and I'm completely in love with it. Next time I find these on sale, I will load up. These are great for gifts for new moms, and we could use more than one. I was so sick of picking up and cleaning the pacifier since Josie sucks so hard it flies out of her mouth at top speed. Now it flies down to her chest and hangs out there til she gets my attention that she wants it back in her mouth. So much easier. It cost $3... is that a good deal or was I ripped off?

She has also sneezed about 15 times today. Those little sneezes are so cute... but I'm really hoping she's not suddenly allergic to something??

No comments:

Post a Comment