4/12/2016

the little things

This second wind of winter-like weather has got us locked indoors for the most part, so there's been much more puzzle playing and blanket forts than one would expect in April. I've been playing around with my DSLR more lately thanks to a Facebook group that gives feedback and support, so I'll be dumping a few here more often lest they get forgotten in the dark corners of my computer folders.

Meanwhile, Amelia continues to cruise around and get more teeth. That's about all going on in her world. On one hand, she's super happy to have more mobility. On the other hand, she's super crabby from a sore mouth. We're feeling a bit overwhelmed with her emotions lately.


This colder weather has be grasping at anything spring-like and colorful. I've been adding (and sometimes killing) plants around the house and grabbing clearance flowers from the local grocery store every other week or so. This brings me so much joy. How can such a small thing make me smile so often?


I got the Easter decorations put away (it took about three minutes, that's my kind of decorating) but left up my bunny banner over the sink because I can't bear to leave that spot empty but have no good summer replacement. I know I could make something, but I just keep hoping that the Target Hot Spot will come through again with the perfect thing.


I finally got the bathroom completely painted and hubby got all of the towel racks and rings hung up. That bathroom has never been finished since we moved in, sad I know, so it looks pretty great in comparison. I will post pictures of that once I get the shower curtain and matching towels put up in a few weeks. That sad "home" tab above needs a new room that is relevant to what our house really looks like right now.


Hubby has been putting in crazy hours for this time of year and recently hired a full-time guy that is not a student (re: can work during Spring and Fall busy seasons) and will have another student start when school is done. I'm hoping and praying that he reaps some rewards from this extra task (being a boss and spending the time teaching and guiding them) and that it's not more stressful. We'd love for him to be home more. And yet, even as I say that, I am so grateful that he is here most weekends and the later parts of each day.


I'm itching to go out exploring now that we have all we need (appropriate shoes for everyone, backpacks, water bottles, etc) but that mention of ticks being out and present made me instantly reconsider. I need to get over this, because we can't be inside forever, but after tick season comes mosquito season and I'm not ready.



My computer is about to die, so that is all for now. Happy Tuesday, friends.







No comments:

Post a Comment