1/28/2015

Rainboots, recoveries, and more nesting

Last week, we battled a cold and fever with Josie that just didn't want to go away. I had the cold part too and I was terrified that I'd go into labor with sinus congestion and a bad cough. Can you imagine?? Thankfully, we are both fully recovered. And I'll probably still be pregnant for another solid week and half. 

I'm due next Monday, 5 days from now. I fully expect to go past that date, as always. We'll be celebrating the Superbowl by staying at home and eating pizza with my parents and sister. Chances are good that I'll fall asleep during the game. Any bets on what time?

My attitude lately has been questionable. I am trying so very hard to not have the late pregnancy blues, but each day feels like 10 days and the thought of being this large and pregnant for another 8-? days makes me want to hang my head and cry. Monday was particularly awful, so I prayed extra hard (seriously) and woke up with a much better attitude on Tuesday. I cleaned out the fridge (which for some crazy reason is actually one of my favorite/most satisfying chores even though I don't do it often enough) and did some moving of utensils and counter clutter to get it as cleaned off as possible. The joy that brings me is just insane. Walking into a kitchen with clean, clutter-free counters keeps me sane just a little bit. It's like my happy place, opposed to the opposite where it is the place that brings me closest to losing it. Does that even make sense? Regardless, after much work and time, our kitchen is functioning better and looks a whole lot better. It's still hopelessly outdated and all that fun stuff, but at least it's cleaner.

Remember last January? When we were stuck inside for the second month of real witner not even knowing that we'd be stuck inside for almost three months more? It's still fresh in my mind because of the scars it left, but this January has very much redeemed itself. On Monday, we walked to Grandma's house (there and back) with jackets, light gloves, and rainboots. Unheard of. The kids couldn't believe it when I pulled out their rainboots and told them to go ahead and jump. It was probably their favorite day of this new year. I love when the little things make them so happy. Probably one of the best parts of staying home with them all day.

Also, let's mention that my maternity coat still fits, even this far along, but I haven't been wearing it because light sweaters with mittens and a scarf have been enough for me. That's a small miracle in itself. 

I plan on doing at least one more pregnancy update post, but need to take pictures first and am in no place to do that right now (haven't even gotten dressed or brushed my teeth. Rough morning, apparently). On the bright side, I was just thinking how my hair was not working out with this current outgrown hair style, and how I wouldn't get to cut it again for a month or more with a newborn and no appointment date in sight, when lo' and behold, my hairstylist posted on FB that she had a cancellation for today during the girls' nap times. Yes please! So excited for a fresh cut, right when I'm feeling not so lovely. It will be a great pick-me-up. :)

Happy Wednesday, friends.

(some pictures of the last few weeks)














1 comment:

  1. January or March? So glad you could enjoy it, and you need to pamper yourself this late in the game, so the haircut is perfect1

    ReplyDelete