2/02/2015

Baby #3 - 40 weeks DUE DATE!

How far along: 40 weeks

How big is baby: size of a small pumpkin, about 7 1/2 lbs and 20 inches long




Weight gain/loss: Not sure, averaging about a lb a week at each appointment and definitely hit the 40 lb mark. Not the best, but also not the worst.

Maternity clothes: I'm basically wearing 4 outfits on repeat. I am soooo ready to wear the maternity clothes I outgrew for post baby. Some of them hardly got any use so I never got sick of them (wrong season, mostly) and some of them work great for transition pieces even though they are technically maternity. 

Stretch marks: no new ones, thankfully.

Sleep: It's been okay. I nap most days, and sometimes go to bed early (on the couch... I just can't keep my eyes open some nights) but thankfully the sleep has been relatively good and I wake up feeling pretty good.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Not much appetite. I usually just eat the three meals a day with a lot of ice water and maybe a snack at night (chocolate, oranges, nachos if hubby makes them.... so going to miss those when I'm not pregnant as they don't necessarily help the waistline).

Exercise: I went for a few walks this week and my body is not loving that! I can't wait to be able to move without feeling it in the most uncomfortable places. 

Gender: another sweet baby girl.

Movement: She's slowed down a lot, and just when I start to worry she reassures me with a little nudge. It does wonders to my mental stage. I've had to stop and pray numerous times this week when my anxiousness gets ridiculous. I know that no matter what, God has a plan for this baby, but I also just want to see her, feel her, and get to know her... I know she's pretty safe in there but I still find myself worrying when I shouldn't be. It's been a good exercise in trusting God for me. She still does have marathon moving times where my stomach morphs all over or hiccups that seem to go on forever. 

The belly: She's as low as she can go without coming out! She does stretch out and kick me in the ribs often, but I simply have to move her with my palm and she settles back into a little ball. It's crazy that I can do that! I feel like we are fighting over that space sometimes. She generally stays pretty curled up so when she does choose to stretch out, I feel it!

What I'm loving: Knowing that this is most likely the last week of being pregnant, picturing what she might look like, hearing the girls' excitement as they know she's coming soon too.

What I miss: The occasional beer, regular exercise, being able to jump off the couch, all the regular movements...

Symptoms: All of them! Except no heartburn, thankfully.

The nursery: My part is done! Hubby is working on a few bookshelves and then we are truly done. I can't wait to share it with you. It's come a long way from the dump room/guest room it used to be.

What's different/the same this time: I had one day of a really bad attitude last week, but thankfully was able to work through it (haha, no, I prayed through it and God blessed me with a change of heart. Can't take credit for that). The rest of the week went smoothly. I'm definitely not as hard on myself as I was with Josie and I know I had a pretty good attitude when I was overdue with Audrey. It's such a mental game this time since I know that I am 10 days overdue from the original due date but also know that I'm only "just" 40 weeks with the adjusted date. I'm guessing that it will be 40w3d which is Thursday or 40w5d which is Saturday. That would be 13 days overdue or 15 days overdue from the original due date. Who knows?

Last appointment details: Blood pressure was a tad bit high but she wasn't concerned. She does want to strip my membranes this week, when I'll be 40w3d. I'm fine with that. She didn't check me upon my request since I didn't want to get my hopes up. All is well. Baby is measuring a week behind, just like Audrey did and just like she has this whole pregnancy.

Next appointment: Thursday, 3 days from now.





40 weeks with baby #3, 41 weeks with Audrey, and 39 weeks with Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment