12/22/2014

34 weeks with Baby #3

How far along: 34 weeks

How big is baby: 17.2-18.7 inches and 4.2-5.8 lbs, about the size of a butternut squash


Weight gain/loss: Not sure, although I do think I've reached 40+ lbs. Not ideal but also not that crazy compared to the previous two.

Maternity clothes: All the time, and running out of options. I'm in the homestretch of wearing the same seven shirts over and over. Boring.

Stretch marks: No new ones, thankfully.

Sleep: Sleep has been so sporadic. I have the hardest time getting comfortable, and then once I do get positioned just right I have to go to the bathroom. Now, even with a pillow between my legs and another one propping up my back or belly, I am still feeling hip pain in the mornings. I think I'll just have to wait this out til baby girl is here because there doesn't seem to be a good solution that lasts throughout the night. Some nights I can get comfortable enough to sleep for most of the night (minus the bathroom break or two) and some nights I toss and turn all night and really feel it the next day. Naps are almost nonexistent. I would say I sleep for maybe 10 minutes during the week if I do lay down. The weekend, however? Whew! I napped for over an hour both Saturday and Sunday. It was glorious.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Love water, citrus fruits, and the Christmas cookies that are everywhere. My appetite has greatly reduced. No more snacking at night, just never feel good at that point. Minimal snacks throughout the day unless I start to get light headed. Yep, that's back. If I'm not eating often enough I get shaky and light headed. I try to avoid it, obviously, but with a lack of appetite I just kind of forget about it. Thankfully, we're home most days so if I do get like that, I can grab something small to eat and a big glass of water and sit down til it goes away. It's just more annoying than anything else.

Exercise: Nothing planned out, just daily life. I'm happy with that at this point. I have no problems with walking around a bunch for shopping outings (which seem to happen so frequently this time of year - hello Christmas shopping).

Gender: sweet baby girl!

Movement: I don't remember this as much with the other two, but her movements are actually pretty painful some of the time. My guess is that she stretches out as much as possible even if there isn't much room. If she's transverse, then her movements would hit me right on both sides instead of ribs and bladder. There is no cushion there so it really hurts. I also have a feeling that she moved a bit more towards being head down in the last couple of days. One day, she rolled or really wiggled and I jumped (yes, I really did) out of my seat just to make room for it. Once she moved, there was a little bit of a release of pressure towards my rib area, which is why I figure she moved down just a teeny bit. It isn't enough to be noticeable from the outside, but since then I haven't been as nauseous and I feel like I can breathe again.

So other than that, movement is all the time and I love it! Hubby has got to feel quite often, and the girls will "feel" her kick but don't have the patience to actually wait to feel anything.

The belly: This week's picture comparisons make me look like she's a little lower, but I think that's just the angle. If she is transverse, then that would make sense why my belly is less pointy looking than it was with Audrey. Obviously I'm bigger than with my first pregnancy (Josie).

What I'm loving: I had a realization recently that next year's Christmas season will include a 10 month old. That first year goes so fast. She could be walking already by then! Isn't that insane?

Another thing that hit us pretty hard this week was when I mentioned to hubby that if we hadn't adjusted our due date, we'd be sitting at 36 weeks right now. That really made this upcoming labor and delivery a reality!

Other than that, the girls and I talk about this baby all the time. They are calling her by name and both seem to really understand that she's coming soon. It helps that the nursery is getting all set up for her. I've stressed that this is her room, not theirs, so they aren't allowed to play in there or be in there without mom or dad. That rule won't last forever, but for now it's good to keep it clear for them that it isn't theirs. It's harder for Audrey because she naps in there, but overall she follows Josie around anyways. If Josie listens, so does Audrey.

What I miss: I mostly just miss regular movement! Getting up off the couch without practically grunting, not being short of breath, having minimal pressure on the bladder. I feel pretty good most of the time, though, so I'm not complaining. It's only a matter of time.

Symptoms: See above! No heartburn although I wouldn't be surprised if she has hair. I never had heartburn with the other girls and each of them had a full head of dark brown hair at birth. My fingers have swollen up on occasion but it isn't uncomfortable or even that often.

The nursery: Progress has been made! Hubby painted the walls a light gray. We got the valence built and done, the furniture in the right spots, and baskets purchased to put in the changing table. They are remarkably perfect for it and add a bit more class to the room instead of screaming "child's room" like the girls' room looked like when it was a nursery. The three frames above the crib are hung but I haven't decided what to put in them yet. I have fabric for a changing table mat cover and sheets. I will also be making a crib skirt although I haven't found the perfect fabric for that yet. Overall, the room is close to done! I still need to solidify what I want to do on the last open wall, but I have a few ideas bouncing around. Finishing touches are fun, so there is no stress at all.

Now, the other stuff, car seat, bassinet, baby swing, etc are not ready. But I know that won't take long so I'm not stressing out about that either. Oh! And all of the newborn and 0-3 month clothes are washed and put away in the drawers. I feel quite on top of it because of that.

What's different/the same this time: I think I'm about the same amount prepared. I think about this baby more than with Audrey since I have more time (the girls entertain themselves more so I'm not just chasing them around all the time).

Best moment of the week:  By far, the best moment was all of us in the nursery, me in the rocker, just taking it all in. Josie decided to cover up the baby with her blanket (my belly, therefore, was covered in her little doll blanket). She then "rubbed the baby to sleep" and even sang to her a little bit. A couple of minutes later, Audrey wanted to sit with me, so I pulled her up and she snuggled in, hugging the belly with her head laying on top and arms around as much of it as she could reach. She still makes a point to say "Hi baby, my name Audrey" every time she remembers. It's just the sweetest

Last appointment details: My weight gain was higher than my midwife expected, although not higher than I expected. I think she was looking for signs of preeclampsia, but my swelling is very minimal and blood pressure was actually lower than it usually is. That's good to see! She had me measuring just under 32 weeks at that 32 week appointment, so we laughed about how my babies hide themselves in there more than most. Audrey always measured behind but was a healthy 8 lb 6 oz, so we aren't concerned. Thankfully, she remembers that and even expects it this time instead of getting concerned.

Next appointment: 35 weeks, so next week, and then another one right away after that for 36 weeks. Christmas week really screwed it up so now it'll basically be weekly.

And the bump! Feeling large but I can tell that I will be getting larger. Just the general shape of the belly and the way clothes are fitting, I'm not disillusioned. I know that I will keep growing!




Baby #3 at 34 weeks, Audrey at 35 weeks, and Josie at 35 weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment