8/20/2014

Baby #3 update - 16 weeks

How far along: 16 weeks

How big is baby: The size of an avocado: about 4.6 inches, 3.5 oz


Weight gain/loss: up 3 lbs. I am not surprised since my appetite went crazy once I hit the 2nd trimester. I'd love to slow it down a little and have been more aware of the junk I'm consuming so we shall see if my efforts work or if I'm destined to gain the same amount of weight for each pregnancy. Since I started out a little higher in weight, I really want to keep it in check.

Maternity clothes: Same as before. Some here and there more because I have it and not a lot of other summer options.

Stretch marks: No new ones thankfully.

Sleep: So good lately! I love this wonderful 2nd trimester. I don't need to nap, but when I do get to, I sleep awesome and then have no trouble falling asleep at night. If I don't get a nap (I count napping as being asleep for at least 10 minutes but usually isn't longer than 20 minutes) I can still function fine and just feel a bit more tired in the late evening. I love my body pillow, hubby hates it. 

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: None right now, amazingly. I've been trying to eat a lot of protein (eggs, turkey sausage sticks, peanut butter, meat in general) to keep my energy up and not feel starving all the time and I can definitely tell it's working. I also haven't had many dizzy spells before lunch because of my high protein breakfasts. Thankful for that!

Exercise: Elephant in the room... I haven't been good about this. I don't thinking chasing the kids around can really count so I need to step it up here. I have no good excuse.

Gender: We will find out on September 17th.

Movement: Yes. Yes yes yes! Felt the baby move at 15w2d and it was a ton of movement to feel so early. There was absolutely no doubt in my mind. I was driving (which is a common place for me to feel movement in previous pregnancies) and it was constant for almost a minute. Since then, there have been little flutters but nothing as solid. i just love it but also can't wait til it's more consistent.

The belly: Feeling large for only being 16 weeks along, but my midwife said I'm definitely not measuring large and that it's just my stomach muscles giving into to the expanding uterus. The joys of a third pregnancy. I can definitely feel how much firmer my stomach is getting which helps me feel less chubby and more pregnant.

What I'm loving: I'm feeling great and have plenty of energy. Seriously love the 2nd trimester.

What I miss: Nothing much lately. Limiting caffeine is annoying (I might say this every week...sorry) but this time of year is so awesome with fresh produce coming out of our ears and I'm trying to eat as much of it as I can.

Symptoms: big belly, can nap on command

The nursery: Let's just not talk about this quite yet.

What's different/the same this time: At this point, I'm feeling the same as the last two kiddos. The movement I felt was the earliest I've ever felt so that was pretty special.

Best moment of the week: Not pregnancy related, but the girls loving on their daddy this weekend was pretty awesome. He's been working out of town and it's hard on all of us but something he has to do often in the summers. When it's busy season, we are thankful that he stays so busy so we power through, but the girls are just figuring this out so when he is here, they just go crazy with love for him. Sure, there is acting up to get attention and some shifting in parental control that is hard to adjust to so quickly, but all in all they just loooove their daddy and it is so fun to watch.

Last appointment details: Boring appointment, my most favorite kind. The girls came with and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. I realized later that they have no idea what a "heartbeat" is so the look of confusion on their faces was understandable. Next time will make more sense so I'm excited to see their reactions then. My midwife also agreed that we could stretch out my appointments a little so we don't have to pay so much this year towards our deductible that will just start over a month before the baby is born. I'm so thankful for my midwife and her flexibility and positive attitude. It makes going all the way to the hospital with two little girls worth it and enjoyable.

Next appointment: September 17th - ultrasound!



1 comment:

  1. lookin' good little momma:) glad to hear that protein helps, I know it SHOULD but never really believe it, all such good news!

    ReplyDelete