1/21/2014

Tuesday Ramblings

Instead of showering and getting ready this morning, I was removing the doorknob off of the girls' room so that I wouldn't have to destroy the door to get them out. The doorknob we put on that door is cheap and not just in price. It is so incredibly hard to open and it freaks me out to think that one day I won't be able to get it open and the girls will be on the other side, stuck. No thank you! So for now, no doorknob.

Let it be noted that today Josie will get to watch cartoons so mama can shower. It doesn't happen everyday, but sometimes it's just necessary. 

We are sledding tonight with the kiddos and our small group. I'm excited for it! But not so much for being freezing cold. Our lfb isn't coming with (can't be outside right now so it's just not an option) so we'll be one on one going up and down the hill and that will make it a lot easier. Last time we went, we were outnumbered so it was kind of stressful to keep the kids out of the way of the other sledders. They are too young to really understand that concept (you know, of getting out of the way to avoided being pummeled by a fast moving sled full of children) so we were constantly shuffling them over to the side while also trying to pull the sled up without tripping anyone. Needless to say, we only went up and down the hill about five times before we called it quits. So yes, this time will be better.

I've been in another food rut these days. I just can't stay inspired to plan meals out long term. I will do great for a week or two and then fall off the wagon. Life is so much better when I do it! I've said it over and over and yet I still can't seem to remember it when it's time to plan out the next week. I find that I'm drawn towards pasta dishes or casseroles because it's easy but also so messy and full of calories/carbs like no other. I'm just sick of frozen veggies. That's the alternative (in my mind anyways). Also, we've been eating potatoes with every single meal that isn't a casserole. It's a little out of control. What kinds of sides do you usually eat? Meat, potatoes, veggies (frozen steamable packets or salad)... that is the system now and I'm so bored with it.

Will someone come over and wake me up at 6:00 AM from now on? Apparently, getting up in the morning is impossible for me on my own. I'd love to work out and have a little bit of quiet time so if you could just make that happen, that'd be great.

Enough rambling... enjoy your Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. so cold, so much comfort food and measures need to be taken!! Try throwing spinach in every casserole - at least it's green and good with pasta:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EmilyBabiak1/22/2014

    I've recently discovered roasted veggies - carrots, cauliflower, broccoli mixed with olive oil and salt and pepper (nothing special) roasted in the oven for 20 minutes or so -- delicious. Also, roasted asparagus with a little garlic powder is really yummy. Soups are a nice alternative for the meat/potato meals, although, I'm not sure how little kids do with any of these suggestions...

    ReplyDelete