9/25/2013

Midweek Confessions

Yesterday, I ate like 15 mini cookies, except I'm pretty sure thy were only considered "mini" because they weren't cooked all the way and hadn't doubled in size like they were supposed to. Sometimes I just wish I didn't know that they were still worth the same amount of calories no matter how much they raised. Ignorance is bliss, especially with cookies.



I've lost most if not all motivation to blog lately, but it's not for lack of material or desire to write. I just can't make the time or focus my attention on it. It's a rut, but even as I type this, I can feel that it's probably not long lasting. Now that doesn't make any sense, does it?

We've been watching Portlandia here and there, and I gotta say, the scenes where the girl (main character) acts like a guy completely creep me out. So weird...she doesn't look manly and her voice is altered by a machine but it just sounds unnatural. Now the guy, on the other hand, doesn't creep me out at all when he acts like a girl. Is this sexist somehow? I'd like to think it's more the acting than anything. What a weird, but often funny, show.




And last but not least, I've been feeling "off" the last couple of days due to random headaches and fatigue. I'm assuming it's from all of the junk I've been eating, so of course, the easy solution is to cut that out and try to just eat healthy. Simple, obvious, okay, go, Sarah. Seriously, do it. Except that instead I've made dark chocolate pumpkin muffins, apple crisp (times two), eaten dark chocolate bars, and candy from a parade (not even good, just around and easy to grab). So there's that. I have high hopes for today, though. High hopes.





 




For your convenience, you can follow Living with Intention by choosing one of these options:

7 comments:

  1. EmilyBabiak9/25/2013

    It's interesting that you mention not feeling great because of what you're eating . . . I have been thinking the exact same thing. But do I stop eating the sugar? Nope, I actually doubled my intake. Time for me to knock it off and make better choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. abbynein9/25/2013

    I've been trying to cut down on my carbs/sugars to help with how I'm feeling {and maybe lose a few lbs if I get lucky.} I was doing ok.. until yesterday, when I went to the store and bought a 6 pack of powdered sugar donuts "for" my 1 yr old son. I wish I could say I felt slightly guilty when I downed all of them in about 5 mins flat, but yeah... I didn't. Following them up last night with a Sonic shake seemed like a good idea too! :)



    Stopping by from e, myself and I!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comment love. :) No judgement here with your sonic indulgence! My latest indulgence happened to be dark chocolate covered pretzels. It was ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why we would double up on something we know to be wrong is just ridiculous, yet happens all the time! And today... unfortunately...not much better. There is always tomorrow I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to blame it on that, although the weather has been absolutely perfect so I'm not sure why that would be the problem... maybe it's too perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  6. twinkietotmom9/28/2013

    I feel like I'm in that same rut when it comes to blogging. Life is just so busy right now, so finding time to do something I really do love doing is important! Now, to find that time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren Davison10/22/2013

    I think it's the weather, at least that's what I'm blaming it on:p

    ReplyDelete