12/26/2013

Christmas 2013 Shenanigans and Family

Ahh Christmas. We spent it with my family. It was so great. Busy. Relaxing. Short. Long. All of the above. 

This trip was night and day different from our Thanksgiving weekend at the lake. We've had some time as a family in the past few weeks and that time has led to calmer children (and parents). We've worked very hard to keep the kids from being greedy this Christmas, and hopefully we can continue that even with all of the presents. They were definitely overwhelmed with all!the!shiny!new!things! they got and couldn't play with right away on Christmas eve night, but they were champs and recooped nicely. 

We also went to church on Christmas eve. We ended up getting there five minutes late (thinking we were early but the service time was different than what we had thought it was). It was super crowded and we were lucky to even get chairs so it was no surprise that we didn't end up sitting together. It worked out better this way, though, because the kids were all separated and therefore did not have the chance to distract each other. We all agreed after that God always works even when we aren't looking for it. It was a great surprise. I am thankful that the kids were able to experience a great service with wonder and little distraction. 

We ate too much and laughed a lot. We sang Christmas carols and put puzzles together. What can I say? My family is awesome. 

I got the most amazing gift ever. Hubby got me a Canon Rebel t3i camera. It's so fancy and I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's fun and I have time (ha!) to figure it out. In the meantime, enjoy the pictures I did manage to get. 

Hubby said, "The more ridiculous I look, the more you like me." It's true. The lovely bandana came with one of his gifts but I think it was better received than the gift itself!




Look at that bed head.

Playing with her sister's Christmas gift. First real smile I requested and actually received.
 
Audrey needed help with her stocking




Josie needs no help with her stocking.


Tape measure. Favorite stocking gift...?

My mama and sister

Sisters


Papa with Josie
  


My parents with Audrey
  

Matching outfits on Christmas Day


Oh, the torture...

We went into town to celebrate with my mom's side of the family. It was fun to see everyone!

My Grandpa, a true fighter. He's in a lot of pain but always has a smile and a hug for you. We love him so much.
  
This is what face I usually get when I ask her to smile for the camera. 

My mama and her mama. I so wish this wasn't blurry.

A glimpse at the chaos of one huge family all together...
 Cousins. All clumped together.





See the fun right behind her? She's a road block, that Grammy.
  



My grandma absolutely loves holding babies. I'm so glad Jo could sit still long enough for this moment to happen.



My twin cousin! Born on the same day (and year). We haven't had a birthday picture together in years.

And with that, Christmas is over! Well, not completely as we still have celebrating to be done with hubby's family. 

How was your Christmas? Leave me a comment with what you did/how you celebrated. I love hearing the stories... :)



1 comment:

  1. Really can tell the quality of the camera - such great candids, such treasures, can tell who takes time with their hair and who plays with babies. It was a blessed Christmas eve & Christmas day. God is good!

    ReplyDelete