11/25/2013

Audrey's First Birthday Party

After a tough week, we pulled together and threw Audrey her first birthday party. It was so.much.fun! The prepping wasn't too bad. I didn't spend a crazy amount of time planning and preparing, but the day of was busy (as all party days are). My family came to town early to help out and I am so grateful they did because I had a killer headache and three kids running around. I wouldn't have got a lot done on my own.

On to the fun part. Pictures!

First the party decorations:

Streamers, cupcakes, and food

I made the cupcake toppers with my Silhouette machine

Hubby and I made the triple chocolate and vanilla cupcakes the night before and frosted the the afternoon of the party. I don't know why we subject ourselves to torture like that.

In the hallway, I put the pictures from our mini photo shoot on the wall along with a subway art sign of all things Audrey


Some blackboard greetings, using those jumbo letters from the photo shoot again, and party favors for the kiddos


Audrey insisted that everyone wear a hair bow. The men put them on their shirts for the most part and we loved it!

My helpful sister modeling her hair bow. Also, notice all the balloons. Hubby's cousin borrowed us a helium machine and they went to town blowing up balloons so that made the kids happy and the place look particularly festive.

I put her monthly pictures up behind the gift table and hung the birthday banner here too. I love having this at every party. It's a fun tradition to have started with Josie's first birthday.

A little peak at how much she has grown in 11 months.

Christmas decorations that were pink and white worked great as some added bling in the living room. We'll leave those up until the real Christmas decorations make their appearance.


And the birthday girl:

When Josie first saw Audrey, she exclaimed, "She is so beeeyou-tiful!" I couldn't agree more, my dear.

Every time she sat down, her dress did this. It was too cute.




A few pictures from the party:

Josie had a matching feather hair band and could be found holding a balloon for most of the party.

My parents' dog also sported a balloon.

Piles of presents and kids to help open them. Audrey lost interest after the first one.

The only picture we got from her eating her cake. Love that blue eyed girl!

 We also took some family pictures for our Christmas card. Here are a few bloopers (like I'd show you the winner this early...)

Skepticism in mama's eyes, Josie needs some cheering up, and Audrey has no idea where to look.

Nice face, hubby! He's ready... but nobody else is.

Audrey: "Hey Josie, are they for real? Isn't this a party or something?"

We had so many awesome family members and friends that made it. It was a blast to visit with everyone, eat some snacks and cupcakes, and watch the kids destroy enjoy the space and each other. My girl Audrey is worth it! We love her so much and loved celebrating her together.

1 comment:

  1. the decorations and cupcakes were so perfect for the party. Hope Audrey can wear the same outfit for Christmas, it's too precious. so hard to believe that last Thanksgiving Audrey was the newborn that everyone got to hold.

    ReplyDelete