10/07/2013

Up and running

The weekend took a turn for the better after my last post. On Saturday evening, we had a delicious dinner, went and got groceries (I know, thrilling), of course got some ice cream cookies for dessert, and tried some new draft beer that hubby discovered. Sunday, we went to church, worked on a few projects (hopefully I can get those done and post a tour update soon - girls room is progressing!), shopped for more girls clothes (the cuteness, overwhelming, now I have to do the returns trip), had a great dinner, and I had a relaxing evening while hubby stained some doors for work (his idea of relaxing?). It was a good weekend.

There's a good chance we're getting another foster kid today that will be very close in age with one of our girls. So that'll be interesting... I'm assuming it will be very short term as they seem to be for us so far, but I can't say for sure of course. (I say this because we cannot take more than one right now due to vehicle space and most foster kids have siblings so they get moved to homes that can take more than one kid. We end up being the emergency option, not the long term option. I'm neither upset nor happy about this, it's just how it works out).

I was all set to go to BodyPump this morning but when my alarm turned on, it was promptly shut off and I was asleep again within a minute. What is wrong with me?? I'm not sleep deprived; both of my girls pretty much sleep through the night and I went to bed at a decent hour. I don't know how to make myself get out of bed. It's ridiculous. I'll try again on Wednesday since Tuesdays don't work. I really want to try running on my trick foot but we shall see if that happens with the arrival of another kiddo. 

We're taking it slow this morning, hoping to feel relaxed before the craziness of the week kicks in. Any chance that will happen? 

And finally, I will leave you with some pictures, since that is the main reason most of you visit this little corner of the blog world, am I right? :)

The following pictures are not from this weekend but need to be shared.

Tis the season for black cat shirts.

Also ready to model her outfit, which was promptly changed about ten minutes after these were taken due to an...incident... but don't you love her fish face??

I tried this outfit on at Old Navy and immediately keeled over in laughter. The 70's called, give that outfit back, yo!

 More pictures from our outdoor time a couple of weeks ago.












For your convenience, you can follow Living with Intention by choosing one of these options:

3 comments:

  1. glad you had a wonderful weekend. . .so nice to have the whole family unit together. Love the Halloween pix & clothes! Does AJ mimic your fish face or do it on her own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenifer Fontenot10/07/2013

    Sweet pictures!! Speaking of 70's clothes, have you seen the high wasted 80's jeans they are trying to bring back. You know the ones where you butt seems like 5 miles high!! I'm not jumping on that bandwagon! I bet y'alls weather is getting nice. We had lows in the 50's and highs in the 70's today and you would probably laugh at all of us with our long pants and scarves on!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole Love10/07/2013

    I've been AWOL. So glad your foot is doing better! I hope you can run on it - take it easy getting back into it! And that fish face, what a cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete