6/29/2013

Audrey Joy, Seven Months Old

Audrey Joy turned 7 months old on June 18th. I took the picture shortly after that and never got the post written up. I'll do my best to remember! I do have a lot more pictures than updates, though. 


Audrey's upped her game with eating. While she was picky and just starting to eat at the start of last month, now she'll eat anything and everything I set in front of her.  We are doing mostly baby led weaning now that she knows how to use her hands and I love it. I hated pureeing food and this is so much easier. She eats quite a bit before getting bored and screaming loudly (in fun, no sadness) and I love that I can now count on a solid 15 minutes of kitchen time while she eats in her high chair. There was a while in the beginning of the month when she'd have an all out meltdown while in her highchair because she wanted to be held while she ate, but thankfully that passed quickly. This mama couldn't get a thing done that way.


She sleeps pretty well, waking up once for a bottle. Thankfully her early morning wake ups seem to have leveled out around 6:15-6:30. I can do that. I am usually up making hubby lunch at that point anyway, so we get up together. One thing to note, though, is this girl is not a morning person. She is ornery, loud, and wants it her way when she wants it asap. We have many stern talks about letting her sister sleep and being polite before most people are even awake. I hope this means she'll sleep in longer when she is older... wouldn't that be nice?


She sits solidly almost all the time and therefore doesn't spend a lot of time on her stomach. Crawling hasn't made an appearance and this mama is fine with that. I love that she can sit and play nicely for 20-30 minutes (longer if her sister is right next to her) and she can't crawl into mischief yet. It's a perfect balance. Of course, when she is on her stomach, she is practicing getting up on all fours and she can wiggle her way about two feet any direction so the mobility is sneaking in, just not too quickly.


Seriously, though, when Josie will play right next to her, hardly anything will upset her. She will go from grumpy and crying to laughing and smiling in seconds if Jo will just give her a little attention. I've been working on teaching Josie to help Audrey and love her in many different ways and it's so fun to watch her carry that out while they play. Watching them play together is the best part of every single day. I love watching them be sweet sisters.


She's started nuzzling into my shoulder and giving me little hugs on her own. I haven't seen her do it to anyone else but she has no problem being held by others. While she loves her mama, she's great with others too. Again, perfect mix.


I don't know how big she is now but she hasn't really changed much with her clothes. She is wearing mostly 3-6 month clothes with some 6-9 month summer items thrown in. Now that it is hot and summery out, she usually is either in just her diaper, a romper, or just a onesie. I haven't had her in pants for almost the whole month so she might be longer but I'm not noticing it as much without pants to give it away.


Based on this month, you'd never guess that she used to hate her car seat because now she is absolutely fine. She plays with anything she can get her hands on and is content while in carts at stores because she people watches like crazy (a girl after both parents' hearts!). 


Audrey's hair really cracks me up.  She still has the long "rat tail" in the back (that will be getting trimmed very soon, it's getting ugly) and the front is so long and dark, much more so than the rest of her head. The rest is growing in much lighter, just like Josie's, so it'll be interesting to see how much they look alike when their hair is the same. I do think that Audrey's hair is a little bit straighter naturally, but only time will tell that.

 

I know I'm biased, but she's just the cutest thing. Her personality is finding its way out and her sweet spirit is the greatest thing to discover. 

Love that girl.

Its hard to see their size difference here because the camera is closer to Audrey than to Josie, but to keep it in perspective, Audrey is about the same length but at least 2 1/2 lbs lighter, and she's in a 3-6 month onesie while Josie is in a 6-9 month onesie (and its kind of tight already). And look at the hair difference! Not looking so much alike anymore...

Read her other updates here
To watch her grow, click here.



Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment