4/23/2013

A little Update

It's been quiet over here on this little blog. Having three kids in our house  has created a lot of chaos and adjustment and we are definitely being stretched in more ways than we are used to. 

Hubby heard someone describe it, "Our parenting has gone from one on one to zone defense" and that is exactly what it feels like! Having three kids around is definitely busier. It helps, though, that the newest child is also the oldest because he has been much more reliable than a newborn would be. He is able to do a lot of things on his own when I am too busy to help him with something (put his shoes on, eat his food, use the bathroom, etc) and while he has his needs that are different than the girls' needs, we are figuring it out. 

I'm finding myself unable to put into words what I would like to express here because of the privacy concerns with foster kids. It will be an adjustment for me as I'm used to sharing anything I feel like. It's hard for me to separate experiences with my kids (that I can share) and the experiences that include our foster child. Bear with me, I'll hopefully figure it out more and more as time goes on.

One thing I do know for sure, though, is that being busy like this is not such a bad thing. Yes, I'm completely exhausted by the end of the day (who am I kidding, by midday most days) but I have purpose and I know that I am following God's will, which is really what is important. I have no idea what the future holds for us with foster care (sound like a broken record yet?) but for now, I'm thankful to have heard His calling and for answering it.



Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

2 comments:

  1. Jenifer Fontenot4/23/2013

    Very inspiring!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The encouragement from our family and friends really does help!

    ReplyDelete