4/27/2013

What a Week


But seriously, it's been crazy around here! Bullet points seem appropriate.



  • We no longer have a foster child. It was supposed to be short-term (we found out the day of that he was leaving in the early afternoon) so we weren't taken by surprise. We have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, we don't feel like we really got a taste for what foster care is like since the first week is usually full of the unknowns like getting to know the child (who comes in as a total stranger with his/her own habits, character traits, and quirks). On the other hand, sometimes you just know if a child clicks with you right off the bat. It doesn't take longer than a few hours to figure that out. As always, the future is unclear. 
  • Josie recovered for a total of two days before coming down with another cold. I swear I could fill a gallon milk jug with what comes out of her nose throughout the day. It is so gross and I feel terrible for her. On top of that, she has a wheezy, constant cough and is just tuckered out most of the time. 
  • Tomorrow, we are getting the girls dedicated at church so I've been slowly prepping for the meal we will serve afterwards. We aren't making a huge production of it so I haven't been going overboard with planning. I'm just excited to spend some time with my family.
  • Having three kids really showed me a lot. I forget sometimes that as kids age, they also mature. A five year old is much more helpful than an almost two year old so there were many times that things actually went smoother and faster. I had another person to help corral Josie so I had a little more flexibility going places that didn't include carts or strollers. Of course, there was also more whining, questions (oh, the questions), and the "I'm bored"s than we were used to. One thing I do know for sure is that I am not afraid of having more kids. I hear all the time that the jump from two to three is crazy and overwhelming (and of course usually its with a newborn that is needy and helpless) but I think I just need to remember that I am quite the "go with the flow" parent and so is hubby. Being a circus show doesn't really scare us much. We usually look for the humor and try to enjoy the crazy moments.
  •  The weather is finally nice. Today, we are enjoying 65 degrees with a light wind and blue sky. I have pretty much forgotten what that is like! Audrey isn't a fan of the sun in her eyes (although she is usually laying down so it is really in her eyes) but other than that, we are all enjoying the freedom of coatless adventures outside. 
  • With the upcoming summer season comes the dreadful closet stare down. I have been pregnant for the last two summers, so there isn't much there for options. Today, I tucked my pride in the trash can as I walked out of Walmart (yes, Walmart) with two bags of summer clothes. I want comfy, cheap, light clothes and they surprised me yet again with their selection. First perfect skinny jeans, now perfect summer dresses, shorts, and tops? Nice.
  • I love having the windows open.  This post is all over the place. That is all.




Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

2 comments:

  1. Jenifer Fontenot4/28/2013

    snot is the worst!! I can tell you from experience, that yes kids get much easier in the span of time between 2 and 5 years old, nose blowing included. Walmart's clothes are coming along. I bought some cute workout clothes from there a while back, and they were so much cheaper than name brand stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, I've always heard that going from 1 kid to 2 is hard, but 2 to 3 is easier! Glad to hear it went smoothly while he was here!

    ReplyDelete