2/04/2013

Thoughts

The past couple of days have just felt rough. There's no reason whatsoever, but I just feel frustrated, impatient, antsy. As it so often goes, when I feel this way, little things go wrong left and right. Either I just notice it more because I'm already aggravated, or my impatience causes me to be clumsy. I just know that I can't keep my head above water to just make it through the day no matter how hard I try. 

So today, I thought about it. I prayed about it (not enough), and I was able to put my finger on something that really really helped. 

Have you ever had that feeling that you have really hit the nail on the head? Just knocked the ball out of the park? That you are doing exactly what God wants you to be doing? It's happened to me numerous times in my life, and I'm so thankful that I have felt his will like that. 

Right now, I feel as though I am on the brink of another huge life changing decision. No, we're not pregnant, and no I'm not going back to work. I'll talk about it in more detail later. The point is not to leave you in suspense about something happening here in our lives, but instead to talk about this. When we are right on with God, Satan takes note. He perks up a little, okay a lot, and tries to divert us. 

1 Corinthians 10:13

13 No temptation[a] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[b] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[c] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

I have always loved this verse. It pops into my head all the time, and I would bet that I refer to this verse more than any other in the Bible. It came to mind today as I was reflecting on my terrible day(s). God does allow us to be tempted, but he will never allow it to go farther than we can handle. So Satan can try all he wants, but I have what it takes through Jesus to overcome any obstacle he puts in front of me. 


The best part of this realization is even more reassurance that we are doing the right thing. Why else would Satan suddenly focus wholeheartedly on me (us) like this?

I won't make excuses for why our days have been more rough than usual. There isn't any one thing. In fact, they really aren't even that bad. But a few little things going wrong can really make a person's mind frame turn negative, and then it all seems bad. 

Here's what's important. I know that I need to focus even more so on God's will and continue on the path we've decided to take. Isn't it reassuring to know that the battle has been won? No matter how hard it seems now, the outcome is clear. God will lead us through this thing called life, and it is our job to follow as close as we can.

That's all for now.
Good night!



Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

1 comment:

  1. hmm temptation - I guess I can claim that verse with my overwhelming temptation to worry. But otherwise, this verse has never popped into my mind. Instead Phil. 4: 4+ is the one(s) I've always loved. Isn't it funny how God speaks to all of us differently? Sad that your days have been rougher, even as I know we are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete