8/05/2012

Weekend Update

We had an exhausting but fun weekend and I don't think any of us have quite recovered.


On Saturday, we threw a baby shower for my sister in law, her hubby, and their baby Dean. I took advantage of having a nephew to use my favorite boy theme: nautical. It was so fun to decorate with sailboats and anchors and sea creatures. Who knows if I'll ever get a chance in the future to decorate for a boy of our own? So take advantage I did. We had a great turn out and family stayed until later in the evening just visiting and hanging out. It was a busy busy day and we all slept hard that night! 


Josie had to share her toys which devastated her, but she still got to entertain everyone most of the time. Life might get rough for her as her cousin Dean grows up and she has a sister join her. Plus, I think she's pretty close to cutting in another tooth or two. There was a lot of chewing on anything in sight, screaming randomly, and scowling fiercely with no known motive. The girl showed some attitude.


Today we joined the family for lunch after church, crashed hard afterward for a solid afternoon nap, and then joined them again for supper. 


I am hoping for a chill week, and I should get it for the most part. 


Ooh oh! Did I mention that I have an appointment on Thursday? 


And baby girl has been kicking more and more. She kicked me so hard during supper tonight that it actually hurt a little. We're at that stage now. I'm ok with it though. The more she kicks the more I'm assured that things are going great for this growing baby inside me. 




Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

1 comment:

  1. What a wild busy weekend, and this weekend will be with the other in-laws.  At least Josie won't have to share anything:)

    ReplyDelete