8/02/2012

Baby #2 Update


How far along: 26 weeks

How big is baby: Size of a head of lettuce - about 13.6-14.8 inches, 1.5-2.2 lb.

Weight gain/loss: Not sure at this point since I haven't been to the doctor in 3 weeks. I was up 7 lbs back then.

Maternity clothes: Pretty much all the time. I have a couple of dresses I am wearing that aren't but shirts and pants are a must to cover up this growing bump.

Stretch marks: No new ones!

Sleep: This week its gotten a lot worse. I can't get comfortable since I'm usually a back sleeper, and I wake up on and off all night long so the quality has gone down a lot. Today I even took a nap the same length of time as my 13 month old - that's not like me at all!

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: The sugar craving is out of control! So I am working on that. Carbonation and anything cold is wonderful. I am not interested in cooked broccoli or tortilla chips. The thought of them make me cringe.

Exercise: I haven't been as active as I had wanted to be at this point. I'm still chasing around Josie all the time so I'm not completely sedentary. I think I'm going to be buying a yoga/pilates prenatal video this weekend. My muscles are getting more and more sore as my belly grows.

Gender: Girl!

Movement: A lot of movement under my ribs and some lighter flutters by my bladder. Some of the kicks are definitely visible on the outside and daddy's gotten to feel her too a little. Just like her big sister, Baby girl gets shy when he's around.

The belly: Growing out but not pushing up yet as much as Josie ultimately did.

What I'm loving: Josie's starting to say baby more and more so hopefully we can connect the dots a little with the baby inside of my tummy.

What I miss: Shopping for regular clothes (although I am sure my hubby is glad I'm not doing this) and not feeling achy in my lower back.

Symptoms: Just lower back pain and more fatigue. My feet have hurt more but they aren't swollen yet. I've only felt a little swollen off and on and it hasn't lasted at all.

The nursery: We bought a bassinet off of Craigslist this weekend which was my last big purchase to make for this little girl. We won't have to make too many changes to the nursery since it's already set up for Josie. We'll just add a toddler bed and take out the baby clothes that are stored away.

What's different/the same this time: The back pain is the same - I distinctly remember this part! But thankfully I can sit down more and take more breaks when needed.

Best moment of the week: Jo's been repeating "baby" after me when we are practicing different words and it's so fun to see her face light up. Can't wait for her to make that connection!

Last appointment details: Last week I had my glucose test and all is well. No gestational diabetes here.

Next appointment: Next Thursday

26 weeks



Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

3 comments:

  1. Cassie8/02/2012

    i LOVE my prenatal pilates video - and i actually managed to fit in time to do it, because they are all 10 minute workout options - so good if you're looking for an already tested option:) - here's the link:  http://www.amazon.com/10-Minute-Solution-Prenatal-Pilates/dp/B000RIWARG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343939167&sr=8-1&keywords=prenatal+pilates+10+minute+solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no way you're not that far along allready! wow! time has flown by!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe our little girl's head is so big already! I wish I could give you sleeping tips, but thank God you can sleep when Jo sleeps. Perhaps leaning your back against a wall will ease and support that lower back pain.
    love

    ReplyDelete