5/15/2012

Weekend Review

We spent the weekend at hubby's aunt's farm while they worked with the cattle. We spent time inside and out, trying to stay out of the way and avoiding the breakables. We also got to go see hubby's grandparents to celebrate his grandma's 75th birthday. There was great food and company and it was nice to see some of the family members that can't always make it.

I drove out there (three hour drive) by myself and it went pretty well. We have a cage-like divider between the back trunk area and the back seat so he can't jump over into Josie's space/face. It generally works great, but lately has been falling over right on to Buckley making him panic a little. Imagine my joy when it happened twice on the drive. And the last time, Josie had just woken up and wanted to be entertained and we still had 45 minutes left. Thank the Lord for giving me patience because we made it, but just barely!

On the way back, my sis-in-law came with and Josie slept the whole way. Incredible! It was actually a relaxing drive and I didn't feel the usual stress-after-a-trip because of it. Oh, and maybe because I was able to count on cleaning up a bit during the week which I have never been able to do. That is great too. :) I love staying at home.

We were a bit goofy yesterday evening. 





And lastly, I got to enjoy my Mother's Day presents! Two cards and five candy bars. Love it!! I have a great hubby and daughter. :)



Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

1 comment:

  1. Laurie Lekang5/15/2012

    so much to comment on. . .the pix of you two close up is a revelation - just think, that little face is a mini-sarah with blue eyes, so precious.  I like my mom's day present better:)  but yours is more tasty.  Can't believe she laid for the 10 month pix, after watching 9 month, figured she would never lay still again.
    love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete