11/19/2011

Twilight

I absolutely loved the books and have seen all of the movies so far. I think the movies are only good because I know what was meant by each word or scene. The books are so good that I think it would be hard for any movie to get close. I think the first one was fine for how low budget it was. There are some scenes that are overacted  and you can tell the actors are young. The second and third definitely improve in special effects but every scene with Jacob is over the top cheesy and its hard to make people look realistic when they are flying through the air. Not to mention the people transforming into wolves. So this one... the fourth one.. 

1. It was like two movies. A romantic comedy, and a dramatic horror movie. Weird how they managed to work together.


2. So much emphasis on the honeymoon bedroom scenes! They spent more time on the skin shots than on the funny feathers everywhere and broken furniture scenes from the book.


3. There were ridiculously overwhelming amounts of one liners set up just to get a laugh. I have never thought of these movies as comedies, so it was kind of annoying how they were going for that. The dry humor wasn't so dry this time around.


3. The werewolves. Oooh the werewolves. Their inner monologue sounded like a mixture of power rangers and a sports announcer in a tunnel. As my friend put it while we were leaving, "I am pretty sure when I talk to myself in my head I sound the same." Why they thought that those voices were good enough is beyond me. I was so distracted by how poorly produced those scenes were that I am not sure I even paid attention to what was happening.


4. Edward (Robert Pattinson) is so good looking.


5. Bella (Kristen Stewart) was by far at her best this time around.


6. They did an amazing job at making her look on the brink of death. I had to look away a couple of times because her body reminded me of pictures from the Holocaust. 

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1

7. The first shot of the scene with Jacob imprinting on the baby seemed ridiculous, but it was immediately redeemed with all the "future shots" of their life together and how he was her companion and not just her lover. If they would have emphasized the lover side it would have been creepy. 


8. I loved every  minute of it. It doesn't have to make sense or be high quality because it is just putting pictures to the story I have in my head from the book. I know what they meant, so it works for me.


Can't wait (a whole year... what the what?? They've already filmed it!) for the next one!

All Pictures from Google Images

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/19/2011

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/20/2011

    I was afraid you didn't appreciate the film and I was enough mesmerized to not even check the time. . .yep, good story.
    love mom,
    p.s. - picures needed of you know who:)

    ReplyDelete