11/01/2011

Turbo Tuesday

On Sunday night, Buckley decided that he needed to go outside every two hours. This means that one (or both) of us had to get up to let him out, wait for him to do his thing, and then let him back in. You may be wondering why we would allow him to do this to us in the middle of the night. The answer is simple. Do you want to be cleaning up puke/poop (excuse the vulgarity) instead of sleeping? We think it is his new food. I mean seriously why else would you need to go to the bathroom every two hours? He didn't eat one of Josie's toys (a common culprit) and he's not acting sick in between bathroom visits. He did this all again last night. Joy.

I think he's trying to see how much we really love him.

This weekend, whily trying to finish the Jo's Halloween costume, the needle on the sewing machine got jammed and broke. In half. I inherited this sewing machine from my mother which means I don't truly know how to use it past the basics, and would have no clue how to fix it if it was really broken. Thank God it was only the needle which is easily replaceable and not something more. Crisis was averted after finding that JoAnn's Fabrics has like 20 different needle options. Once again, they never fail me. Never.

Except...that I can't ever leave there with just the thing I came for. A clearance rack was shouting my name, and this is what I came home with.


Well, not the baby. You can't get something that great at JoAnn's. But the flower on her headband? They have a lot of those. I also got a yellow one and some fancy schmancy elastic in case this flower-on-a-bow option doesn't work. See what I did there? I let you in on my secret. That is just a headband with a bow covered up. So tricky...

I heard rumors that it might snow this weekend. I wonder what Josie will think of the it? She liked wind, so she has that going for her. Good thing we live in the windiest city in the world (you got nothing, Chicago).

Tomorrow I am going to go to Body Pump at 5:45 AM. YES. In the morning. I am specifically writing this in this post so that I am held accountable because you can believe it when I say that I will not want to get up at 5:25 tomorrow morning. But it must be done. (Say it isn't so!! Why must I work out to get in shape?? Oh, life, you can be cruel)

When filling gas yesterday, we figured out that Tracey the Trailblazer is only get 13.5 MPH. What the what?? I am not that crazy of a driver. Tracey, you disappoint me. We were supposed to be a team. Now Mike thinks you are lazy and inefficient.

To top of Buck's meltdown moments that have already taken place, he also pushed open the (almost, oops my bad...) latched gate yesterday in a panic because he had the runs (you know what I mean right?) and didn't know where to go. Obviously, the logical choice is to break in to the basement and go on the carpet, in the back room, where there is 2 feet of room to work with. That means harder to clean spacewise and harder to clean carpetwise. Thanks, Buckley, for starting off this week with a putrid smell taking over the house. I get that it is not your fault, but the upstairs hard surface floor will do just fine in the future. Much easier to clean up. Better yet, just avoid the messyness all together. Ok thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I love the flower headband! That's rough about your dog though. :-/ We have three dogs, so I know how that goes!

    Thanks for following my blog, I'm following you now too!

    ReplyDelete