8/12/2011

Impressed I am!

I had my 6 week check up (aka the "get the ok" check up, make sure there is no postpartum depression going on check up, meet my new doctor check up) today. First of all, I took a chance and brought Josie with me. I say take a chance because she's awake oh so much more often than she used to be and I can't always count on her napping schedule (that is not so much a schedule and more of a shot in the dark hope) to pull through and let me get things done. Thankfully, she slept right through it thanks to the ladies at lunch that kept her stimulated and entertained until she zonked out.
Oh did I mention that I got to eat a nice potluck dinner for lunch today? No? Well, I did and it was fun. It was in honor of a fellow employee friend who had her last day today... yeah my job rocks it up with potlucks for almost any occasion. Oh wait I am supposed to be dieting... dangit.

Whew distracted! Ok so back to the doctor's appointment. Josie's doctor is Dr. Steve. He doesn't deal with anything OBGYN related, so he had me meet with his wife, Dr. Terri.  We love them both. Seriously. I could not be more impressed with them! When she asked me why we came/how we found her, I told her about how the old clinic was less than impressive. I also slipped in there that I was already impressed with them, and of course she loved that. She said that one of the benefits of them being independent is that they don't have the pressure to overbook and squeeze in more patients than they really can fit meaning they have more time for me and my fam without making me wait with a screaming baby (she would never, would she?) in the lobby for hours. I like, I like.

She was even nice enough to not point out how much weight I need to lose. Thank you, Dr, because I know it needs to happen and hearing it would have just made me sad annoyed. Wouldn't it be so fun to go to the next appointment and be like 30 lbs lighter? I am seeing a potential goal forming... (lets pretend that the next visit is not the appt for Josie in 2 weeks).

I really want to have a wonderful, relaxing, outdoor-filled weekend. I have to (absolutely have to!) run this weekend because my mileage per run is pathetic. I think my run this morning had me run about 3/4 of a mile. I will beat you, tendons, I really will!

OOOH  and may I point out that I got some lovely motivation to jump start the weight loss desperately needed? A friend put up some pictures of the baby shower she threw for me. GROSS. I realize that I was swollen and well, 9 months pregnant, but seriously that chubby face, neck, arms, body in general that I saw was not appealing. I don't ever want to look like that again, so I need to kick it in gear. Next pregnancy, I want to start out much thinner. :)

Notice how I talk about the next pregnancy a lot? Don't get your hopes up... nothing exciting happening like that any time soon! My girl is only 6 weeks old so settle down!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/14/2011

    Hey for it only being 6 weeks you look great. Give yourself some credit. Little sleep, schedule all over the place... you're doing good.

    ReplyDelete