1/12/2015

Baby #3 - 37 weeks

How far along: 37 weeks

How big is baby: 6.3-8.5 lbs, 19-21 inches, the size of a watermelon


Weight gain/loss: Gained another 5 lbs this month. Yikes! Can't wait to see that scale go the other direction soon.

Maternity clothes: All the time, rotating about a week's worth of clothes and that's juuuuust fine. Soon enough I'll be able to wear the rest of the maternity stuff that I've outgrown... as postpartum clothes. :)

Stretch marks: No new ones.

Sleep: Surprisingly good! Considering that I was pretty whiny about it in the last update, I can't complain this time. If I do have time for a nap, I sleep very hard for longer, usually an hour+. I am sleeping pretty hard at night as well and have no trouble falling asleep again after numerous bathroom trips. I have had just a few nights of insomnia where I am starving and can't sleep until 1:00 or 2:00 AM, but thankfully naps the next day catch me right up.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Food is so bleh right now. I've been loving apples and oranges, ice water (always), cereal, and toast. Large variety over here.

Exercise: Just daily life stuff. I brought up some of the baby gear from the basement (multiple trips running up and down the stairs) which got my heartrate up, and oh did I love it! I can't wait to start working out again. I know it'll be hard right away, but I'm in the "daydream about post baby" stage and movement is so desirable.

Gender: Another girl!

Movement: Yes, of course, but she has slowed down since she can't move as much. When she is awake, the movements are very visible and often cause me to reposition as she makes it known how she wants to be positioned. She wins most of the time, although I can now grab her feet a little and push her to the side or down a little if she's pushing hard in the rib area. Most of the time, it's just off to my right side.

The belly: A few weeks ago, she flipped over and dropped down a ton. It was very obvious that it happened... weird alien like body movement. A few days later, she dropped down even more and suddenly, my whole life improved greatly! I have never been as comfortable, especially this far into a pregnancy, and it's just fabulous. I have more energy and just don't get as worn down as I did in the past. She's sitting lower too, of course, which you can see visually. My midwife kind of brushed me off when I told her that had happened, but when she went to measure her, she couldn't because she was so far down. I have no idea what size she is going to be at this point. I'm guessing about the same as Audrey, around 8 lb 6 oz.

What I'm loving: See above! I feel as though I could be pregnant for a few more months. Of course, I don't prefer that, but I feel so good that these last few weeks don't feel so long. I'm also loving that the nursery is coming along. We really are mostly ready.

What I miss: I've been missing wine a little bit and definitely physical exercise/feeling good in my skin.

Symptoms: My feet are a bit swollen but nothing too uncomfortable.

The nursery: Prints are all up on the wall, sheets are done, chair cushions should be coming soon, baby clothes are in place. Now we are waiting on shelves that hubby will build for a little reading area, the crib skirt that I'm still working on, another changing table cover, and the chair cushions to come. I got out the bassinet, car seat, and we are borrowing a friend's baby swing, so there really isn't much else to do.

What's different/the same this time: The girls are so excited. We talk about baby _____(name) all the time and they have a great grasp on what will be happening. Josie keeps telling me that the baby will be coming in a few weeks and that she and Audrey will go stay with Grandma and Grandpa. She gets that Mommy will be at the hospital with the baby for a few days and that daddy will come and get them so she'll get to visit us. Audrey is always so go-with-the-flow with everything, but I do think she gets it for the most part. Her biggest concern was about going to stay with Grandma and Grandpa. When I explained it to them, she looked at me with her big serious blue eyes and said, "but I'm going to go with you." I tried not to laugh and explained that she would come home when we came home from the hospital and that it would be so.much.fun to be at Grandma and Grandpa's. She was fine after that. Love that girl!

Best moment of the week: See above. Explaining what will be happening to the girls was fun. Also, they "rubbed" the baby the other day while we sang every nursery rhyme that we knew. They were mostly avoiding naps, but I indulged them a bit and it ended up being a sweet moment.

Last appointment details: Everything looks good. I think I am Strep B positive again, which is frustrating because I don't want to have to be at the hospital early on in labor just to have the IV hooked up for the 4+ hours it takes. I so hoped I could labor at home a lot more, but who knows how it will go this time around. My midwife did agree to not have another appointment for two more weeks, and then it will be weekly. My original due date is just a week and a half away! I fully expect to see that date come and go, plus another week and half or so. I schedule out past the adjusted due date but I would be a bit surprised if I haven't had baby girl by that point. That would put me 13 days overdue from the original due date. It's possible, I mean that is when the other two girls came, but I hope she comes a little earlier!

Next appointment: Next week, Thursday.One day before the original due date, a week and half before adjusted due date.


Definitely looking full-term nowadays!




37 weeks with Baby #3, Audrey, and 38 weeks with Josie
I remember thinking that I looked decent for 38 weeks with Josie (I did look fine) but that this picture wasn't accurate, too flattering. I know I was swollen and large at this point, but I don't mind a picture that keeps me looking back fondly. :) Audrey still looks pointy, and I'd say that you can tell how low baby girl #3 is by this picture, although she really is even lower than it looks. It's hard to explain... trust me though. She's low, and beautifully head down.


1 comment:

  1. loved the story about explaining the stay at Grandma and Grandpa's. . .so exciting for all!

    ReplyDelete