5/30/2014

Josie says




Some of these are a little older, but definitely worth saving.

The week that my grandpa died, Josie and I had this conversation...
Me: Josie, I'm sad because my grandpa is sick and I don't like seeing him in pain.

Josie: I love my papa.
I pull up a picture of him next to a picture of my dad so she can see her papa vs mine.
Me: tearing up at this point This is my grandpa. I really love him.
Josie: I really love him too! Mommy don't be sad. Your grandpa doesn't want you to be sad. He doesn't want you to cry. He loves you, Mama!
For real. The empathy of a two year old can be astounding. Of course this only made me cry harder. She followed with:
Josie: Can I sit real close to you and give you a hug? I love you, Mama. Do you love me? 
and we did sit together on the couch and hug for a little while. It was perfect.



Talking on the phone (whatever toy she's currently holding to her ear)

Josie: Hello? Is it you? The sun is outside in the morning."
or
Josie: Hello? Is it you? It's cold outside of the house." 
Always has to include the weather.


Again, talking on the phone after learning that the batteries were dead on her little keyboard: 
Josie: Hello? Grandma? The batteries are dying! Can you fix it? The batteries are going dead. We need to change them. Grandma? The batteries are going dead!
This went on for well over ten minutes. She was very concerned about the fate of the piano and only Grandma could fix it.


Looking at a calendar with square boxes...
Josie: Mommy, what is that?
Me: It's a bunch of squares.
Josie: Remember tangles? Is it tangles?
Me:
Josie? Mommy, remember the tangles??
Me: Yeah...! Rectangles!
We clearly haven't reviewed shapes enough lately... mama's already forgotten them!


To the waffle she was eating for breakfast, while screaming extra loud.
Josie: '"I wannnnnt to stab you!
Me: Me???
Josie: looking at me while obviously confused, No...
Me: Oh good, for a second I thought you wanted to stab your mama.
Josie: I want to get my waffle with the stab.
Grammatical toddler errors are my favorite. :)


April 3rd, Josie singing Jingle Bells...
Josie: Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way!!!!!
Me: Are you singing that just because it's snowing? Yes it was really snowing!
Josie with an extra cheeky grin: Yeah!
Me: Noooooo!
Josie: and I'm singing it to the cars out there in the snow.

After using the toilet (sorry for the bathroom humor)...
Josie: I used toilet paper!
Me: No, you didn't.
Josie: I took some paper and just freaked out.


On our drive to church one Sunday.
Josie:: while looking out the window, On the second day, God made the car so we went to church.

Her words are pretty accurate, so when she really stumbles, it's worth noting.
Umbrella has sounded like umdebetla. We get to hear this a lot since she loves anything that remotely resembles an umbrella. Lately, it's been our plunger (gross.......). She also used the plunger and a cup balancing on the handle end to make a light with a shade. Pretty clever, if I do say so myself!

Also worth noting? Her baby's name the other day was "Nanno" and she currently has a cow and horse living in her room with her. She feeds them hay bales and pets them and gets "kisses from their licks". All.day.long. 


2 comments:

  1. Rachel (andJohn)5/30/2014

    Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these were great, and the pictures were wonderful too. It's really hard to keep up with all her "isms", they are constant AND adorable:)

    ReplyDelete