4/15/2014

Family, pictures, birthdays, (Summary of the weekend)

We celebrated my sister's birthday this weekend! We played it safe by going to a (loud) family friendly restaurant, Mexican style (a favorite for sure). It's always nice to have more adults than kids when eating out. :)




Afterwards, hubby and the kids headed home, and my sister, dad (mom couldn't make it which was a bummer), and I went out for a drink.

twinsies... or father and daughter

Dad headed home, and then the party started ;). We rarely go "out" together, so we were just excited to be kid free for a little while. Of course we love those kiddos, but it's nice to be able to complete a sentence without interruption every couple of words. You get it, right?


We met up with a couple of friends, sang karaoke (one song only - I'm terrrrible at it. think choir singer not radio popstar), and people watched. Perfect!





Auntie is rare in that when it's her birthday, she buys gifts for others. Her love language is giving gifts, all year round to anyone and everyone. One of the gifts was matching jackets for the girls. I.can't.even. Look at those eager and willing models.


It was a fun weekend. Sunday was low key with an experimental trip to Costco (we used to go to Sam's... can't decide which I like better, what are your thoughts/opinions?) and some down time at home which was very much needed. All in all, I have no complaints. (Well, don't get me start on this "Spring" weather...)



You've got to love low quality phone photos... soon I'll start using/posting pictures from my real camera that are properly edited with PSE (photoshop elements). It's just so overwhelming... One step at a time.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the wonderful pictorial review, made me feel like I was almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We r new costco members and love it. Never had a membership at either place but we chose Costco mostly cuz they have a gas station for quite a bit cheaper...and gas is spendy here they way it is. I also realized Costco has a lot of organic products...we haven't gotten too much into that but it's nice to have the option :) haha

    ReplyDelete