2/10/2014

The girls' room photos

The next stop on our little home tour is the girls' room. We painted this room first, the day we started moving in. When I picked the color, I accidentally ordered a different one, so we ended up with a much darker shade of pink that I had originally wanted. It's not perfect, but it'll do for now. I had envisioned a blush pink that was almost more white than pink, and this is definitely more pink! 

Here are the pictures:

From the doorway: Audrey's crib to the left, Josie's bed straight ahead. The fabric bins have seen better days and aren't the right color for this room (we purchased them for their old room and they are just along for the ride until we figure out a better solution). The foam bag/foot stool is the color inspiration for this room. The magenta curtains (which I painstakingly put together myself)  match it perfectly and I have some teal paint to use on the letters from the girls' old room which will be added to the wall with the shelves and mirror. Or maybe above the crib. I'm undecided at this point.


View from 1 of 3 closets (you can see the other two on the far right). They have two decent sized windows in here that are hardly ever open since they are sleeping so often. I've been trying to be better about opening them. The natural light is awesome in here.


View from the far window. That is the closet I mentioned in the last photo. The doorway is to the left. See the wall above Audrey's crib? It needs something, right? (Sorry that the lighting is so random in these pictures. I took them at dusk so it was very inconsistent depending on where I was standing)

I painted the shelves and mirror earlier this year and they are full to the max with knick knacks, pictures, and other things that need to stay out of little hands (extra pacifiers, vaseline, sound machine, clock, etc). I'm hoping to clean that up a bit when we add a dresser (good bye changing table) in the future.

A close up. To the Deyle family: we need more photos of you all! I do not mean to be exclusive with my side of the family. :)




View from Audrey's crib. Here are the other two closets. We will be reconfiguring all of this closet space to give some more to the master bedroom. They don't need three closets! The far one, with the single door, is a mini walk in closet and is all cedar. We'll probably leave that one and put a wall up where the bigger closet is right now. It'll be nice to have room for a dresser or other piece of furniture since there isn't a lot of wall space right now (relatively speaking).


The changing table and crib will eventually move out, since the smaller room (currently our foster boy's room) will be a future nursery. It'll be strange to see two beds and no changing table in here someday! 

So there you have it. It's definitely girly. It's a continual work in progress, but I'm happy with it for now. We've managed to avoid cheesy themes but I'm sure we'll be wrestling that in the not too distant future. One step at a time...



1 comment:

  1. Meanwhile, you can put a shelf above Audrey's crib & everything will balance out:)

    ReplyDelete