7/22/2013

Catch ups and 1/7.

Oh weekend, how I already miss you. We were out of town for four days, visiting friends a couple of hours away on Thursday and Friday and then joining hubby at his aunt's farm for the rest of the weekend. It's fun to get out of the house and out of town but honestly we need to be back just to get back on track sleep wise. Both girls were so tired last night from all the festivities and irregular sleep times that hubby and I practically threw them into their beds at the early hour of 7:00 PM. It was heavenly, having it so quiet in our house that early. We are all a lot happier this morning. 

This girl can EAT. It's amazing, the quantity she's taking in compared to her much bigger older sister. I'd say it's at least the same if not more.

I tried to eat smart this weekend, I really did. I would say I succeeded about 70% of the time, and I did the big no-no of weighing myself before Thursday (my official weigh in day) to see what the damage was. After I had eaten breakfast and was fully dressed, I was only up like half a pound. I was so relieved to see that I hadn't blown it. It's crazy how little faith I have in the basics, eating healthier, more calories burned than taken in, etc. Mentally, I make this huge deal about every little bite but compared to how I was eating prior to tracking, I'm doing amazing. Part of my mental freak-out this morning is based on knowing that I didn't track anything, and of course past experience only shows failure when I'm not tracking diligently. The bottom line here is that I'm relieved that I didn't blow it, but ready to be tracking 100% again. Follow that?

Really, this cap, make every day better.
 Despite my fear of the igniting the intense foot pain I've been experiencing, I went for a short run yesterday and made a few PRs which is always exciting. I ran a mile on the hills at the farm in 9:41 minutes, the fastest I've ever ran a mile. For real, how is that possible?? The fastest, on hills no less. Longer strides, knowing I would stop at the end of just one mile, and mentally pushing myself when I was feeling like it was too fast, that's how. We all know it isn't because I'm in the greatest shape ever! I walked the mile back to the house and did that in just 11:20 minutes which is faster than I often jog. I had a ton of energy from the first mile but didn't want to push my luck with my foot, so speed walking was the solution I guess. It felt good to move my body, especially since it'd been like 5 days since I'd gone for a legitimate run/walk.

I'm having a hard time finding other ways to work out, and by "finding" I mean "doing" because really, I know a bunch of other work outs but can never get the motivation to do them... running is the only thing that gets me moving right now.

My foot has been feeling better, so hopefully I can slowly increase my mileage again (you know, maybe doing more than one mile??) since this is the season for running outside. Plus, I actually want to do it and that's more than I can say for any other work out.

Both girls have somewhat of a cold, runny noses, sneezing constantly, and I'm really quite over it. Snot in the hair and crusty skin is not that sweet looking, even on little babes.


We're moving in three weeks! My oh my I am excited. Also, a little bit in denial. We have to pack up our house in that time? I get to write a huge check for closing costs? I get to do this all with two kids two and under while my hubby works as hard as he can to pay for all of these moving expenses? What? 

At Storybook Land, Josie really only loved the variety of horses, trains, and fire trucks. Oh, and also a pirate ship. Other than that, the charm of this place was lost on her.


Face off between Audrey and our hostess's puppy. The girls loved Emmy, the pup, but she was very enthusiastic and kind of overwhelmed them. Nonetheless, the couldn't stay away from her! Josie talked about Emmy constantly and was always looking for some "kisses".

Hubby shooting his gun that we got for his birthday. Finally. His birthday is in mid June.





I'm getting my inspiration to post every day from Jennifer over at Conversion Diary.There are a bunch of other bloggers linking up so feel free to read those too!

Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment