8/16/2012

Baby #2 Update


How far along: 28 weeks

How big is baby: Eggplant Average size: 13.6 -14.8 inches, 1.5-2.2 lb

Weight gain/loss: I think I am at 17-18 lbs. Doc said that was perfectly fine, I thought it seemed really high. I wouldn't be surprised if I lose weight or maintain at my next appointment because it seemed higher than what I was expecting, possibly due to some slight swelling or just eating beforehand. Who knows?

Maternity clothes: I bought another pair of maternity jeans and plan to wear them almost every day to get the wear out of them in these last few months. But really? We know I'll be living in them afterwards too. 

Stretch marks: No new ones!

Sleep: A teeny tiny bit better. I napped a little more but once I started doing some more exercise I found I wasn't quite as tired (imagine that) so the naps have slowed down and I've slept a little better at night. I'm only getting up once to use the bathroom at this point.

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Watermelon, corn on the cob, ice water. So good! Sugar in general, just trying to keep that limited. As far as aversions, frozen veggies, peppers of any kind, tortilla chips

Exercise: I have done yoga a few times this week and just got a pilates video in the mail. I'm hoping I will be able to avoid braxton hicks (since I haven't had ANY yet...crazy) and keep my muscles stretched out.

Gender: Girl!

Movement: All day long now, sometimes I hardly notice, other times it's so distracting that I stop what I am doing and just feel this little miracle in my tummy.

The belly: I feel like I'm so much bigger than I was last time! But  I know that I am still too comfortable to be done growing outward, so there is still a long road of getting bigger ahead of me.

What I'm loving: Looking obviously pregnant but still being relatively comfortable.

What I miss: Being able to run, having more than one serving of caffeine.

Symptoms: Lower back pain, general fatigue, big belly... all worth it though.

The nursery: No changes yet!

What's different/the same this time: I still don't feel those braxton hicks. I'm definitely not swelling as much either. There has been a little water retention but nothing serious and I'm not uncomfortable from it.

Best moment of the week: Hubby really got to feel the baby move this week and it wasn't just a little bit! So often, she's going nuts in there and he isn't here or can't get over to my belly fast enough. He lights up every time he feels her which makes me so happy too.

Last appointment details: My doctor recommended Tylenol and riding bike for my back pain. Unfortunately I can't afford a bike trainer to set my bike up for indoor use and I can't really go with Josie during the day so that is out. She was glad that I was planning on doing yoga too. She also told me that I was measuring exactly at 27 weeks so we are right on. That's great news!

Next appointment: I'm at the point of going every two or three weeks and am officially in my 3rd trimester. I feel pretty good for being this far along and am so thankful! Next appointment is next Thursday.

Excuse the weird face, I never know if I should smile, look up, stare at the camera... it's just awkward. but notice the straightened hair because it rarely happens! 




Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

2 comments:

  1. you look so cute, love that top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth8/17/2012

    Only running once! I'm jelous, by 20 weeks I was up every 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete