10/03/2011

Autumn lake visits...first of many

I would say that this was one of the last weekends at the lake, but we all know that we will be out there almost every weekend for the next couple of months packing, moving, unpacking, fixing up and enjoying the new place. And when the placed is a mess, we'll just go home! Can't wait to get started. Yay new lake place. :)

This weekend, Grandpa and his wife Carla came to meet Josie. It was a quick trip but we were able to catch up and enjoy the (chilly but) beautiful weather.

Generation shot

And one day she was holding up her head, looking around the room

My aunt Lynne (upper corner in picture below, bet she's going to love that) also came and brought her own baby, Lucy, who rules the pack of dogs (Buckley and my parent's dog Hannah) by methods of intimidation and threats. We don't know for sure what she is saying when barking and attacking, but it can't be all that friendly. She knows how to lay the smack down.
Lucy loves her some baby toys

Best word for her: fierce


It's so exhausting being three months old


Bundled up and ready for the walk

We (and by we I mean me) brainstormed all weekend on what Josie should call my parents. Mike's parents are Grandma and Grandpa, and I like the idea of having different names for all of them. I grew up having what felt like a million grandparents and it could be oh so confusing. We tried Norwegian (Mor Far?? or something like that) and German (don't remember, but it was strange) and my mom even pulled out some French. Yeah right. In the end, I settled on Grammy and Poppa or Boppa (we'll let Josie decide) and everyone better like it! So let's all join together and make these names stick.
Jo and Grammy

Cleaning out the garage (completely overwhelming, right?) for the big move down the road!

Can you even resist this face?

Nope, I can't resist it.

Shake, oh, good dog!

Oh, good thing this bottle is here so I can rest my arm

Who, me? What am I doing? Oh just hanging out...



Does this remind anyone of the cranberry juice commercials? 
And another week begins...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/03/2011

    Oh these pictures were priceless. love them all
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/04/2011

    Lol, yes it does remind me of the cranberry commercials! And Michael is silly enough to do all the crazy stuff they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, naturally Lucy is the boss. She is a dachshund, after all!

    ReplyDelete