1/09/2011

Who's house is that, anyway?

We did some serious work this weekend people. Cleaning, organizing, finishing projects. It was beautiful.
See, I tend to be a bit of a nagger when it comes to the loose ends around here. I'm not proud of it, but a lot of the products we have left to do are a bit out of my hands. Literally... Mike doesn't want me to even touch them. That being said, he was absolutely amazing this weekend getting little things done that have been piling up. He's so busy with work that I could never have asked or expected this from him... so here are some pictures of our progress. :)



Living room upstairs. Originally I had wanted to move the piano to the otherside of the room but that also meant that we had to find a new place for the huge desk that currently occupies the space. The reason for this is because of how crowded it was. I wish I had a previous picture that I could use to show you how awful it was before. I never wanted to be there! But Mike just moved a couple of things around and tada!! Much more open and Sarah-style.



Dining room



Dining room/huge desk that doesn't need to be taken apart and moved (right now)!



Upstairs bathroom. I have been wanting to keep everything white and more spa-like and I finally have collected enough hand and body towels that we can keep it looking like this on a regular basis. It's so nice when it is clean like this!



 Our bedroom. We finally cleaned up the piles of clothes that didn't have homes and now I like being in this room too! But wait - there's more!





Our closet is even clean!!! Truly prevents the headache I develop every morning as I stare in here all groggy and sleepy. I also went through and took out all my post-pregnancy-only clothes so I don't have to sadly look at what I can't wear for the next 5-7 months. Plus that opened up a ton of room for all the new clothes my family loaded me up with! Thank you family for taking care of me :).



 Guest bedroom upstairs. This room is soon to be converted into the baby room but for now it is still the guest bedroom. Not much has changed, but it's significantly cleaner than it was before! Can't wait to start the transformation...



Living room downstairs. New tv (looks so small from the stairs! but is actually a 50 in). Clean, neat, without a bunch of clutter. We could use a bit more in this room but I am not rushing it... I know how easy it is to go overboard and end up with too much! Mostly just notice how wonderfully clean it is.



 See those track lights? Those are one of the projects that Mike did today! We got them at Lowe's and they turned out way better than I was even hoping for. I didn't realize how dark the basement was until he turned those on. Plus they make that painting look amazing.



 Track lights from the bathroom looking up.



 I just have to show you how organized I am for Christmas next year. I took the time to carefully put everything away in order of the room things belong to. That way when I put decorations up (with a little one occupying my time) I won't have a chaotic mess like I had this year! I also set this closet up so that all my gift wrapping, Christmas and otherwise, is easily accessible. I have tons of bows, wrapping paper, and tissue paper and now it is all in one spot. It looks messy, but it is a super organized mess and makes me happy just looking at it!



Bathroom downstairs. Picture hung? Check! Towel rack up? Check! Room looking finished? CHECK!



 Oh, and did I mention that Mike got me flowers for my birthday and they are still going strong? Looked nice in here so there they sit!


What is that big piece of wood that is blocking this picture?



Ahh it is the shelf that Mike put up for storage in the laundry room! Again, wish I had a picture to properly show you the mess this room was before. He also plans on putting in a sink and more shelves above all of that on the otherside. This room is so functionable that I can hardly stand it. Dare I say that laundry is not such a chore in here??



Oh mini fridge, how we meet again. This fridge was for Mike's dorm room but it serves a wonderful purpose in the lower level. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to be able to walk in there and grab a bottled water instead of going all the way upstairs everytime my glass gets empty. Add the future sink to that and I may never come upstairs again!

As I told a colleague at work - "do you know how much water it takes to make a baby?!"

Well that is it for now! I am so much happier with the way things are set up - baby room doesn't seem so overwhelming anymore. Well... we'll see if I still think that after I start looking for all the things we need online. Yes, I am a huge online shopper. But lets just remember how much there is out there!! I might need a pep talk or two in the near future!

5 comments:

  1. Props sarah and mike. Now that's a job well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/09/2011

    i'm gonna guess these photos were taken BEFORE your rowdy co-workers showed up!?

    ps. i like how the games are nicely displayed!

    looks verrrry nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz you are dead wrong!! I took them today - that's how good I have been at KEEPING it clean :)

    Thanks for being our leader last night! tee hee.

    Lara - isn't it something? Looks different than normal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to see this baby room progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1/10/2011

    Hey Sarah, don't worry about filling up the basement...as soon as that baby comes it will fill up faster than you can blink your eyes! BUT it's all worth it! Your house looks GREAT!

    Brandy Dockter

    ReplyDelete