10/18/2010

 New creations... very behind on the updates.
Pumpkin Oatmeal
Not very impressive... I was disappointed I guess. I had heard so many good things about putting pumpkin in all kinds of things, and I have to say that it tasted quite a bit like baby food. The only way I can get it down is by adding fruit and brown sugar. I hate doing it but it is the only thing that works! Why do I hate doing it you ask? I would love to one day not need to add sugar to enjoy things that aren't so sweet. Guess it is a work in progress!

Pumpkin bread
 Now THIS was amazing! Background story. Pam made this while I made the creation below. About halfway through she realized that I did not have enough sugar. So we googled what substitutes of sugar are, brown sugar and honey, and used up the last of those to make the bread. Lets just say that I would bet money on it beating the original recipe! The gooey  honey made it so moist and delish. Will definitely have to make this again.
Falafel Pita
This little creation was definitely unique! I have never had falafels which is like a Greek patty made from garbanzo beans (surprise surprise...are there recipes out there without garbanzo beans?) bean sprouts, and some spices. It was surprisingly good, although I made too much and had to throw some away. Note to self: check how many the recipe serves before going headfirst into the unknown!

Brussel Sprouts 

This lovely vegetable is new to me! Mike's friend, Jesse, recommended them and I can tell you right now that these will be a regular. I don't so much love cabbage but these little teasers are truly delicious. We just boiled them in a little bit of water, added some butter and salt, and enjoyed. Seriously. You need to try these.

And last but not least:
Vegetarian lasagna
Mike made this tonight. He did very well. It was a little runny but tasted like restaurant style lasagna. I didn't buy enough spinach but that is ok.

No recipes this week but if anything interests you let me know and I can pass it along.

I just love pictures of food... especially when I get to eat it ;) If anyone is hungry we have leftovers!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/18/2010

    um..the pumpkin oatmeal still sounds good to me. I mean.. I eat PLAIN oatmeal with VERY little honey.
    ps. I thought it was manicotti for tonight?! kidding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want just plain oatmeal!! But alas, I have to finish this stuff.

    Only Michael could turn manicotti into lasagna!! That is what I am blessed with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will not eat brussel sprouts...yes I am 5. :P

    ReplyDelete