3/15/2015

The last few weeks


I'm not sure if you can see this little progression of pictures (below), but if you can, laugh with me, will you? My phone put these pictures together and it looks like she's ready to chomp down on something. 


I figured I needed to do a photo dump from my phone. It's been a while and although I post a lot of them on Instagram and Facebook, there are still more that I don't want to get lost or left behind. So let's start with most recently and go back a few weeks, shall we?

On Saturday, good friend Allison and I took my three kids (still can't believe I have three kids and that I'm brave enough to take them out and about on my own!) and her one kid to a Celtic festival in the area. It was free, very crowded, and very well put together. We were impressed! Hubby had to work, so I was just thankful to get out of the house. Thankfully, the girls were so into looking at everything, that they behaved great and got to enjoy some of the kids activities set up around the festival.

  
These castle-building blocks were a huge hit with Josie (and Audrey, but mostly because she follows everything that Josie does). Princesses, castles, and the whole fairy tale land are huge with her and seeing these blocks really got her creativity going. I have a feeling these will be on her birthday list (not until June, but it's a great idea and I don't want to forget).



They decorated crowns, made bracelets, colored pictures, and listened to Celtic music. I am part Scottish/Irish/English, which of course means that they are also, so I was thrilled to share a little of this. We get so much of the German background from hubby's family because there is so much of it in the bloodline compared to my "mutt blood" so it's nice to mix it up. :)


Afterwards, we went to a St. Patty's Day parade. The weather was in the 60's and the kids didn't have to wear coats or hats or scarves or any winter clothes. It felt a little magical. Amelia was in the Moby wrap and slept the entire time. It was very crowded, but not too stressful, and we were able to park close. It really seemed like everything just kept going well. This is why I brave the crazy activities, because the more you do them, the easier they seem. The kids love it when we go do new things and just get out of the house. We are all social people I guess.


On Friday, we went to Scheel's to visit my sister, who is working there right now. We tried on shoes (she works in the kids' shoes department), ate supper, and let them play on the playplace. You have to love a store that has food and entertainment for the kids.

When we first got there, we asked Josie to sit on this statue. She thought that was hilarious that we asked her to do it, and laughed and laughed. When she realized we were serious, she got very serious and shy, so daddy stepped up.


The weather has been so great here (as it is everywhere it seems) and we have been trying to enjoy it as much as we can. Walks with all the kids are different than last year since they don't all fit in the stroller. Josie has to walk alongside me, which means we walk a little slower and can't go as far. Those are negatives, but the positives are that she loves "to exercise" with me and we get to have long conversations where I can actually hear her instead of asking her to speak up from way in the front of the stroller. Now it's just poor Audrey who I can't hear. I don't stand a fighting chance with her since she speaks so softly. She does love getting to sit in the "big kid" seat of the stroller; a perk of not being the baby of the family anymore.




We've had some good times with friends who have gotten to meet Amelia. It's been fun introducing her to everyone, but man she's unpredictable! Sometimes she's happy the whole time, sleeping the whole time, and other times she's angry and crying, not wanting to eat or sleep at all. Thankfully, my friends all understand. We just don't know her all that well yet.






One of the events we went to was at the Plains Art Museum downtown. They gave the kids a little tour and then had an art project for them to do at the end. Again, the kids behaved so well because there was a lot to look at and they were totally in to the project at the end. Amelia slept the entire time (but then screamed half the way home) so I was able to focus on the big kids.




The nice weather makes it so much easier to get out and about! Hopefully we'll be able to even more as it keeps getting nicer and nicer outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment