1/03/2015

A busy Saturday to-do, if you will

I've been nesting. The combo of post-Christmas mess and baby coming in less than a month (!) has done wonders on my motivation. Every year after Christmas, well at least since we've had kids, I feel completely overwhelmed with stuff. I get in that wondrous purge mode and get.to.work.

Today, I purged the girls' clothes that we've had in drawers but have never been worn. I replaced broken hangers with new, stronger, more "grown up" hangers in their closets, I cycled out what no longer fits Josie but now fits Audrey (how are they only one size apart? It never fails to amaze me), and cleaned up more of baby girl's room. (It's not yet 11 AM, by the way.)

That nursery is coming together! My mom and dad came up the last few days to help out and hang out with the girls a bit more while they are on Christmas break. We hammered out a changing table cover with matching sheets and two more crib sheets as well. I solidified fabric for the crib skirt (which I've never had before... I'm hoping it's everything I've ever dreamed it would be, wink wink), and what would go in the frames on the wall. The whole room generally feels about 90% done and what is left is not that important. It's such a relief! I do plan on posting pictures once we fill in that last 10%. Most of it is in transition mode, so I promise it will be before baby girl is two. I want that room done and not hanging over our heads when life suddenly gets busier.

So, today we work on taking down Christmas decorations, moving toys around to new homes and more efficient storage solutions, and finding homes for a few new things that we love but can't have sitting out all the time (I'm looking at you, giant dollhouse).

What are you all up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment