1/21/2013

the Randoms

+ I think we've got the toddler bed training down. I can't believe I am saying this, but Jo's been doing amazing with it the past couple of days. To review: we tried it out months ago and failed miserably. Instead of it getting better each night, the time we spent wrestling/pinning/trying not to scream at her each night got longer and longer and she would get up multiple times in the middle of the night to just wander around. She slept on the floor more of the night than she did on the bed. So, back to the crib she went. This time around, we sat with her until she fell asleep which could be up to an hour. She tested us, sure, but eventually it got better. There was less screaming and more routine. She tossed and turned a lot, but wouldn't freak out as much. Now? We read her a story, tuck her in, say goodnight, and leave. She may or may not cry, and she doesn't get out of bed. SUCCESS. I chalk it up to her being a couple months older.

+ We're hoping to get Audrey sleeping in there by 4 months old. Hubby doesn't know that is my goal, but there it is. She's sleeping in our room and it's fine so far, but she will outgrow that lovely bassinet at some point and I'd like to have her crib trained before that happens. I'm thinking I'll start having her take morning naps in there to start. Any suggestions besides that?

+ We had a great weekend of just staying home. We got a bunch done around the house (laundry, cooking, cleaning) and had my parents here on Sunday to shop and see the girls (and us too I guess). Shopping was a huge success!! I found my tall black boots (finally), got some more leggings, a skirt to go with the leggings, a top to go with the leggings, and a few regular shirts. I need to update my essentials in the closet and it was nice to be able to do it without too much of a struggle.

+ Today we had an appointment with a Pediatrician for Audrey. She's had a few incidents where she seemed to stop breathing during wake time. Her face would turn red and she'd take a few (long) seconds before inhaling sharply and screaming out in fear. It scared us too! I talked to our family doctor about it and she sent us to Peds to make sure it isn't sleep apnea. Thank God it isn't, and hopefully she'll just grow out of it since babies tend to not breathe regularly right away. I didn't know this, but now that I think about it I have noticed it with both girls. They will take a few normal breaths, pause, and then continue. It's not steady like adults until they are a few months old. 

+ I was talking to a friend the other day about staying inside most of the winter and how dreary it can be. Ironically, we were saying that it hasn't been that bad and definitely isn't as bad as we had expected. I was so sure last summer that winter would be awful since we'd be cooped up inside all day with the same scenery, sick of each other. Instead, we're cozy and happy, playing most of the day with enough visits to Grandma a week to keep us from getting stir crazy. It's nice to have these slow months with an infant before the crazy summer months come again.

+ Macy's had their "sidewalk" sale this weekend so I went and checked it out with my sister (who works there) and found awesome deals. To be fair, she found the deals and I paid for them, but I'm happy with it either way! I got coats for both girls next year along with pants, matching tops (love that), and a Christmas dress for Audrey next year (that Jo will probably wear at least once this year since it's gold, not red and green). 

+ I never mentioned it on here, but we got a new vehicle last month! Hubby found a black Ford Expedition that was within our price range. It has one row in the back instead of two since it used to be a cop car, and no middle console. It works awesome because I can jump in the back and sit between the girls when one (or both ) of them needs something. Not having that third row seating is also ok with us because we needed the extra space for our huge dog and all of our stuff when we are traveling, not for more people to sit in it. We were so thankful to find it! The best part is we sold our old Trailblazer this weekend so we are back down to a two car family. It felt good to get that out of our garage since it had been sitting there waiting to be sold for a solid month now. 

A few pictures to keep it interesting:


Pudding face






Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for putting pix with random thoughts! Audrey is such a little peanut yet, as Great-Grandma said - the typical second child - mild-mannered and perfect:) Next post should be a model of your new look:)  As for surviving winter - so glad it's going well, but we do have 2 1/2 months lefts. . ..

    ReplyDelete