9/20/2012

Baby #2 Update - 33 weeks

How far along: 33 Weeks

How big is baby: Durian Fruit
Average size: 17.2-18.7 inches, 4.2-5.8 lb.
Durian Fruit








Weight gain/loss: 33 lbs... +6 in the last two weeks! (more about this later)

Maternity clothes: Mixed with regular clothes, but always at least a little bit everyday

Stretch marks: No new ones!

Sleep: Surprisingly well as long as I'm comfortably positioned

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Sugary goodies are out of control, ice water

Exercise: Not so much since I'm in a lot of pain from mole removal surgery that happened on Tuesday. I'm supposed to take it easy for a while.

Gender: Girl!

Movement: Like crazy, I felt a foot for sure and she's not afraid to let me know she's in there.

The belly: I feel like it's gotten more pointy... judge for yourself in the picture below

What I'm loving: We've got a tentative name that we're trying out... won't share until we're 100% sure though! It's a relief to not be thinking about it all the time.

What I miss: Bending over without losing my breath, picking up my baby girl whenever I want, having shirts long enough to cover my belly

Symptoms: Some slight swelling in the feet, the "too full" feeling every time I eat

The nursery: No big changes this week, just keep adding clothes purchased or found for baby girl

What's different/the same this time: See "Last appointment details"

Best moment of the week: Trying to get Josie to say her sister's name... she gets close once in a while!

Last appointment details: So... I had my appointment today and was completely shocked to see that I had gained six pounds in just two weeks. That just seemed impossible to me! Yes I've been eating more sugary foods, but six pounds is a lot. To really add to the craziness, though, is that the last time I weighed in was just Tuesday (two days ago) and I have gained four pounds since then. Obviously, something is up and it's not just overeating, but I'm still worried about it. Plus now I'm at a higher weight than I was ever with Josie (I started about 5-8 lbs higher anyways) and that is just depressing... I was hoping to just stay under that number.

Anyways, weight gain aside, my blood pressure was also out of whack. It was super high (higher than ever in my life) at 151/82 and didn't go down all three times they tried. Finally they had me lay on my left side to help with circulation, and it dropped back down to normal. This is a problem because even though my resting b.p. is low, that isn't as important as my average b.p. because if that gets too high, I could go into preterm labor and obviously that is bad bad bad.

Preeclampsia is what they are worried about. I have two big symptoms but there are a bunch more that I don't have. Hopefully it is a fluke and everything is fine, but she asked me to check my blood pressure every other day or so and be weary of the other symptoms like headaches and dizziness or extreme swelling.

If it doesn't get under control I'll be put on bed rest. She said its really hard for women with these symptoms to be on bed rest because they feel fine but can't tell when their blood pressure is getting higher... hence the reason to be so cautious. I DO NOT want to be on bed rest for seven weeks.

Next appointment: 2 weeks with my midwife whom I have yet to meet. I am going to miss my OBGYN so much...she's been so great. I'm thankful that I had her as long as I did and am excited to meet the midwife and get some more questions answered. AND then after that appointment they'll be every week. Time is going so fast!






Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear the name you've decided on, "baby girl" is so boring.  Just as surprised as you about the weight gain, hard to believe it's already the same as when Jo was born, you just seem so much more comfortable.  Bedrest would drive you (& Jo) crazy.  How are you going to test your BP?  And what can you do to bring it down? will be praying for you! love

    ReplyDelete